new to forum.

Eamo

Hi all, Just checked out Bob Wold's speech 2009. I too am a cluster headache sufferer, but I'm one of the lucky ones as they only occur every few years. Usually every 2 - 3 years.

first one was back in 1991 i never had a headache before this i was 21 at the time. i get them in spring to early summer and they last for about 6 to 10 weeks, i only ever get one attack a day and sometimes have a day or two between attacks (is this common?).they always last appox. 3 hours.

i hav'nt had one in 3 years but have felt a few twinges in thethe last week. the last time i had them was the first time i heard of ch's and i was prescribed zomig it was at the end of the cycle and i did not have another attack so am wondering has anyone tried these and do they work.

if not i'll be up the hills looking for magic mushroom.

good luck and health to all,

eamon.

Eamon, in your other post you say you've been reading quite a bit around this board.  So I'm assuming you either have an oxygen setup or you are doing what you need to do to get one, and also that you have read about the relationship between zomig and busting. 

Keep reading and ask your questions; you'll get answers.

Hi Eamon - I didn't notice this particular thread til now, but one way I would contrast mushrooms with Zomig is that a dose of mushrooms offers the possibility of knocking an entire episode out (especially if caught before it really starts), whereas a dose of Zomig may knock a single attack out.

So I'm personally more enthused about the mushrooms - not that they don't have their potential drawback of an unpleasant trip.

Here's one strategy I would consider:

1) RC or mushrooms as the first line preventative - dosing ASAP

2) O2 as a first line abortive

2) The Zomig you have on hand (or the possibly more effective imigran injections if you can get them) as a back up abortive if the O2 fails. Once you use these drugs though, keep in mind you should detox for days before any busting attempt.