5 weeks and counting

jasonc

Good morning to all.  Been having CH for over 26 yrs now.  Been down the road of meds, doctors, I.V.'s, steriods, etc....Started using O2 two years ago.  WORKS !!!  I recently started a cycle after 19 months of remission.  19 months !!  I couldnt beleive it.  This time of year is really hard on me.  Heat & humidity.  My neck is so tight.  I find ice pon neck while breathing O2 helps.  So far, this cycle is 5 weeks 4 hits a night now.  Shadows during day.  Last night was the worst/scariest.  me like that in a long time.  I think it it KIP 8-9.  God it was horrible.  O2 aborted it in about 45 minutes.  A little longer than usual.  I need to look at other alternatives and break this cycle.  I can't keep going on like this.  I dont have the strength.  I hurt so bad.  I am looking at shrooms.  Can somebody help me with type, process, and difficulty of growing.  I really need to find a new way to handle this demon.  Imetrex is so hard on me.  I was in Panama last week.  I used 10 shots in seven days.  I was in an terrible cycle.  To much meds in system.  It sucked !  Compounded with heat and humidity.  Nightmare.  Can somebody help.

Jason

Jason,

Sorry to hear you've having such a bad time of it.  Just keep in mind, that it does get better.  That amount of Imitrex can't be good for you.  To use the methods discussed here you'll need to detox for approx 5 days before Shrooms, seeds, mescaline or LSD will help you I'm afraid.  If you have a source for one of the prior mentioned, then you're ahead of the game.  Seeds can be ordered off the internet.  The two most common are Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (HBWR) and Rivea Corymosa (RC).  Please refer to this section for detailed information on the various options and methods.

http://www.clusterbusters.com/links1.htm#bustmetds

Some here have had good results with Vitamin D, and Licoriche root.  You can browse through some of the discussion threads for additional information on these.

I and most everyone here can vouch that these treatments work 1,000% better than anything the Dr ever prescirbed for me.

PF wishes (PainFree Wishes), and good luck, Please post how things are going.

Jeff

Hi Jason, I'm trying to kill a horrendous cycle right now too. I started the "D3 regimen" on June 10th and it seems to help alot for me. I take 6200 IU of vitamin D3 (recommended dose is 10000IU but I've had better luck with less), about 2700mg of Omega3 fish oil, 3 calcium citrate pills with magnesium and zinc and also a little D3, and 2 big glasses of lemon aid ( morning and night) every day. I bought all this stuff at Target for like 25 bucks, maybe less. I recommend you start it too, ASAP.

Now, I'm 10 weeks into this cycle, and never had one last this long in my 21 years of CH, so maybe mine's about over any way, but I feel like the vitamins helped over night. Also, Friday night, I "busted" with RC seeds (30 of em) for the first time. Not too sure if it's had any effect as I seemed to have had more HA's since busting. But I'm gonna bust again Tuesday with about 60 rc seeds.

Everyone on here will tell you to detox for 5 days from about all prescription meds, and once you do, you'll be better off. Plus, as Jeff pointed out most meds interfere with the busting agents.

I hope you can use this info to help get yourself pain free.

Best of luck to you,

Gump

p.s. I always try to get on the O2 at the first hint of an attack, the longer I wait, the longer it takes to cage the beast. And, I stay on it for at least 5 minutes after the last feeling of pain or the HA returns.

guys, thanks a ton for the support.  Means a lot. !!  Yes, your right about that amount of trex.  I knew going into it, I was entering a very touchy "scheme".  Its almost you get to a point where its a vicious cycle.  Rebound headaches vs. cluster.  You know.  And its a shame.  While I was in Panama, I was spending time with my Dad and Brother.  Fishing trip.  My brother saw first hand me going through an episode at the hotel.  I think I scared the hell out of him.  Supposted to be a good time fishing.  Instead, trying to keep this monster in check.  Just dealing with the anexiety of the next onset.  I know many people know what Im talking about.  I havent trex in about a week now.  Used up all injections.  Probably a good thing.  Im not on any other scripts at the present time.  Thank goodness.  I want to try the RC method.  Scares me a little.  Gotta shake this thing.  Last night was not good.  Havent had "real" sleep in a long time.  Ive gotten back to the point of where I am afraid to go to bed.  Thanks for the help guys..  Ill keep you all posted  Wish everybody PF days who read this. 

Jase

Hey Jason,

That sounds like a bad episode you're in there alright - SUCKS!!!  >:(

Let's hope busting and high dose vitamin D3 regimen will put this thing to an end. This is the D3 topic at CH.com: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1291969416

It's clearly a bit late for this advice, but if you weren't aware of the imitrex tip that allows getting 2x to 3x as many aborts (and less side effect risk) from the injections, well I thought I'd mention it. Hopefully you won't need to use them again though: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/imitrex.html

And anudder thing or two - while you're getting your shrooms all in a row you could order some RC seeds right now (legal)  - have 'em overnighted, and possibly dose with them by tomorrow night before bed. They shouldn't scare you at all, they are super mild acting in comparison to shrooms etc. and the most common side effect from ingesting before bed is a better than usual night's sleep. I should admit though that some nausea can be another side effect.

50 or more seeds could be a good starting dose IMO.

Also, some people find that melatonin from 9 up to 21 mg before bed can prevent their night hits. I 'm sure you wouldn't mind something like that - maybe you could start on the D3 and melatonin today?

thanks a lot for the info Bejeeber.  I will look into those vitamins this afternoon.  THANKS !  I just looked at RC seeds.  Ordered them up from a website.  Trying to deal with this.  Should be an interesting evening.  LOL !  Gotta keep my spirits up !!  I will give update.  Thanks All!

Started D3 regime.  Very hard night last night.  Yesterday was spent with lingering shadows.  Stronger shadows than ususal.  It seems like this guy is hitting me every two hours when I lay down to sleep.  Had three episodes last night between 937pm and 430am this morning.  Last one just ended an hour ago.  THis really sucks my friends.  Wish I knew why these happen !!

Hey Jason, sorry to hear you're not getting relief. How much D3 are you taking? I stated out with 10000 iu per day. My night hits stopped ( who knows if the vitamins stopped them but I'm not willing to stop taking them to see) but still had day time hits. After q few days I upped it to 15000 iu then I had terrible night hits again. Then I went down to my 6200iu and that seemed to work good for me. So, play with your vitamin dose to see if it helps. Are you also taking hte cacuim citrate and omega 3 fishoil? Also don't forget the 2 glasses of lemonaid. I think it does help though I'm not sure how. All my hits lately have been pretty random and mostly low Kip.

I did my second bust last night with 70 rc seeds. Slept like a baby that sleeps really well. But, on way back from Terre Haute today  I had a minor hit and had to use my 02. Have your seeds came in yet?

Keep us posted. Hopefully we'll all be PF soon.

Gump

Hey Gump,

Like you, I started out with 10000iu a day.  Also, Im taking 3 tablets of calcium citrate.  I am taking omega fish oil.  3000mg a day.  Thanks for asking  :)  Havent tried the lemonade yet.  I will start that tonight.  As for my seeds ??  No, they havent showed up yet.  Wish I had some to break this cycle.  I would give anything for 8hrs sleep.  I'm averaging about 4 hours.  And even that is intermitent sleep.  Not healthy.  This heat & humidity here where I live, is taking its toll on me right now.  It seems that I'm very sensitive to heat & humidity as I get older.  I guess thats why I love winter so much. Like everybody else on this site, I just want these things to go away for good.  My wife and I were talking just the other evening about my cycles.  She said she was worried that with a 19 remission time period, that when they came back they would be worse and more severe.  She's right.  I love this site.  The people here really understand what I'm going through.  They offer excellent advice.  Excellent reassurance.  I cant thank you all enough.  I did decide to order up some "medicine material".  Going to be a while before I can use it.  Oh well.  Just keep pushing through it I guess.  I do have my O2 though !! 

Thanks Guys.

Hello guys!! i just wanted to say that i'm in the same condition at the moment having 4-5 hits between afternoon and night did the lic root and nothing did the vit D and omega ,and nothing I even tried cayenne pepper spray in my nose ..nothing :( :( :(..so i'm fighting with O2 and ice that does more or less the trick depending on how strong the hit i dose my imitrex in 3-4 portions and do that when it goes out of control I also take some medicine for anxiety and to sleep,I have the shrooms at home about 7 grams and it's been 7-8 months haven't been able to take em yet cause i've neber been med free...i think i'm gonna try this time cause i only have that med in my sistem no more verap no more cortisone..and very very little imitrex...those shrooms are pretty dry i've had em in a box wrapped in a cotton hankye....what do you guys think are they still good?? :-/

Hi guys,

RC seeds are the mildest busting agent in our arsenal. They pose little threat to either your sanity or your stomach. Nothing to be afraid of. Try them first. They may be all you need.

For oxygen to be effective, it must be hyperventilated through a non-rebreather mask (e.g. O2PTimask) and delivered at the rate of 25+ LPM. Lower rates of flow and the use of common rebreather masks is ineffective. You won't believe the difference a good mask at a high flow rate makes.

Shrooms lose their potency with age. Unless they're picked, immediately dried, sealed in an air-tight container and kept in the freezer in the dark, they won't last 8 months. If that's all I had and didn't have access to more, I'd probably try them anyway.

Ron