Heat trigger

scottr1966

I have figured out that heat is a trigger for me. It happened yesterday when Cindy and I were at the beach. It was a breezy day so the heat was very tolerable but when we came off the beach and approached the street, the lack of breeze and the heat from the asfalt nailed us both. I spike to an instant 5 for 45 minutes. Today am am in the office getting some work caught up. I walked out at 11:30 to go grab lunch. got in the hot car and it spiked to a 5 from a 1. I've been at a 1/2 from 9:00 to 11:30...yay!!

Now this may be a stupid question but does anyone know any trick to avoid getting hit from sudden exposure to high heat? Had to ask...never know.

Thanks

Scott

Maybe it's not the heat itself but the change in temperature... I know for sure that sudden changes in temperature (being in a warm room and going outside in winter for example) is a big trigger for me. So I avoid that by getting really wrapped up before going out. I can't think of a way to protect yourself if the change in temperature is the other way round, from cold to hot, other than avoiding the situation, which isn't really very helpful :(

Scott,

I am scared of heat. Twice I've had trouble on road trips. We have been in 100 degree heat index for over a week now. If I am going any distance, I pack ice and frozen towels, just in case. Also travel with Red Thunder and plenty of water.

Here at home, when I want to do yard work, I have a towel that I put ice cubes in and wrap around my neck and shoulders. When the ice has melted, I know it's time to go inside.

If I can't get cooled down fast, I am in for a long, high level hit. I always have sputs with me also. The heat will get me even if I'm not in a cycle.

Blasting the AC in the car, helps. But if the car has been in the sun a long time, it takes awhile to get cold.

I don't sweat. No one has an answer for that. I've just accepted it as another thing connected to the hypothalamus.

I've been thinking that there must be cooling vests for some sports and I've been going to check that out. I don't know about the health risk of cooling the core of the body and not the extremities.

But, yes, heat is a trigger for me.     Leslie

ps this problem start exactly when I started getting CH. :-/

Hey Leslie! Great to hear from you it's been a while. No kidding, I'm now scared of the heat! There is no way to avoid it! It's hot has hells fire down here in the south. Seems Skibo makes a good point for me. I was on the beach all day yesterday, in the heat, with no problem. But once the heat wave hit me coming off the beach, it nailed me. Sudden temp change. Same thing today in the car. It all coincides with the fact that I seem to be in a higher cycle or flare up for the last month. Summer heat!  Damn this mutha  :'(

Thanks for the reply  8-) gotta wear shades!

Scott

Scott I was thinking the same. I once read that the biological clock, the part where also CH is regulates the warmth in the human body. It does not only regulate the time of sleep but also your temperature.

In my example I'm also sensitive to heat. This year's cycle I was warned without knowing it. A couple of weeks for my cycle starts my body feels constantly warm. During sleep my body get's even warmer. In those weeks I sleep very bad.

When I'm in cycle I couldn't resist the heat. My body temperature is raising and CH is coming.

I had a Acupuncture doctor who said my CH is caused by my body heat. He did remove the warmth and I did get better CH but it didn't turn away with acupuncture. Reason I think is that the biological clock regulates warmth back to abnormal.

On the days that are warm I have more severe and longer attacks on days with less sun.

I found this strange and didn't pay much attention to it as I didn't know for sure. Reading your post did make me think again.  ;)

Oscar

Heat is a HUGE trigger to me as well. Driving a car is a major one also. Driving, in a warm car on a warm day, well, it takes about two-three minutes before the first signals comes. Of course, all windows open, an energy drink, a bottle of cold water and a cooling element. Like those you have to cool food with somewhere on your body. LOL ;D Well, helps a bit. AT the gym, i have a huge fan blowing directly at me and drink three or four 0.7 l bottles of water. Two Taurin capsules and one ice cold energy drink and then spin like h... on a spinning bike, work excellent. If i get too hot very sudden, i buy something really cold and cool down my wrists and head and chew a water ice cream or two. 

Yeah, overheating is probably one of my biggest triggers.  The only way I survived the heat wave in NC a month ago was to load up my hat with ice, worked damn well.  Been looking for a nice Rasta hat since then, lots of room for ice!