Testosterone For Clusters

domino

So ....I have been doing a ton of research on the subject of testosterone for clusters.

Stillman and lichten have some good research and I took it all into my PCP. He did some blood work and my test was actually sitting at 418. I am 40 and that is pretty good for my age. My free test was low. I am also getting ready to start a cycle soon. Around the first of October or about this time I start getting the old shadows.

I told him I had been doing Vit. M and my supply has run out and I don't have time to start a new grow. I took him the research docs from still man and several others and I have been doing Testosterone injections weekly now. The goal is to get my Total T to around 900 - 950 but my SHBG down to around 15 or so. A lot of people that have tried this in the past were just given injections but no other medications to lower estrogen and SHBG. After a lot of research by my new PCP and a ton of phone calls he made he was given the protocol.

So it has been about 6 weeks now and I have not had one shadow. I am still very nervous though and wish I had been around so I could have started a M grow. But traveling and work has kept me away.

I will keep you all up to date. But the one thing I can tell you is this.

I have been eating like a darn horse, I have gained about 8 pounds (no fat) still have a 6 pack, and libido is off the charts. My Total T last week was a little too high because of the other meds to drop my SHBG which pushed my Total T way up so we have been making some adjustments to the protocol dosing.

Here is to hoping this works out....If anyone would like more information please let me know.

• 1 month later...

Here it is over one month later and i should be in a cycle and I am not. Doc has me on 200 MGS weekly testosterone cyp. I also take a pill called aromasin that kills estrogen every 3 days. My total test levels are in the 860's. The key to this is killing the SHBG and most of the estrogen. Working well so far. I split the injection up and do 100 MGS on Monday and 100 MGS on thursdays. So far so good. Vit M. on standby just in case but to be honest haven't felt this good in a long time.

Testosterone, a subject near and dear to me.

Not sure if you've read my story before, and I shall try not to go into much detail yet again. Basically, I used to be a man, am now a woman. During the 'transition' phase of my journey, I was taking testosterone blockers and very high doses of oestrogen (pretty much the opposite of what you're doing domino). I was about 3 or 4 months into this process when the clusters started. Along with a headache that lasted 7 months. Yep, no exaggeration there.

There is a lot of back story I'm leaving out, but basically they believe changing one's hormone system like I did has an impact on the hypothalamus. My neuro believe my hypothalamus was primed for clusters (migraines run in my family) and when I changed my hormones, I triggered it. As we all know, the hypothalamus has a lot of control over clusters too.

I'm now running with very low level testosterone, well, compared to 8 years ago that is. I'm not prepared to increase my T level because of other effects it could have on my body.

Omega 3 is high in T, and I think that is why it is such a vital ingredient to the Vitamin D3 Regimen. If you take enough Omega 3, you'll notice similar things you are, like a big gain in the sex drive and endurance.

How strong are your finger nails? That is another test for how much T is in your system. High Testosterone and you'll have strong nails. Weak, brittle finger nails is a sign of low T.

MG

I still (and recently did) take 50mg clomiphene citrate daily when in cycle.  It's hard for me to determine efficacy since my cycles seem to be all over the map since losing chronic status.

Clomid will only raise T levels slightly - it does nothing to control SHBG - i would ask your doc for aromasin every other day at 25 mgs. this will kill your estrogen and raise your test levels 166% not to mention it lowers your shbg just enough.

Testosterone, a subject near and dear to me.

Not sure if you've read my story before, and I shall try not to go into much detail yet again. Basically, I used to be a man, am now a woman. During the 'transition' phase of my journey, I was taking testosterone blockers and very high doses of oestrogen (pretty much the opposite of what you're doing domino). I was about 3 or 4 months into this process when the clusters started. Along with a headache that lasted 7 months. Yep, no exaggeration there.

There is a lot of back story I'm leaving out, but basically they believe changing one's hormone system like I did has an impact on the hypothalamus. My neuro believe my hypothalamus was primed for clusters (migraines run in my family) and when I changed my hormones, I triggered it. As we all know, the hypothalamus has a lot of control over clusters too.

I'm now running with very low level testosterone, well, compared to 8 years ago that is. I'm not prepared to increase my T level because of other effects it could have on my body.

Omega 3 is high in T, and I think that is why it is such a vital ingredient to the Vitamin D3 Regimen. If you take enough Omega 3, you'll notice similar things you are, like a big gain in the sex drive and endurance.

How strong are your finger nails? That is another test for how much T is in your system. High Testosterone and you'll have strong nails. Weak, brittle finger nails is a sign of low T.

MG

I have read your story before and we have also spoken a bit about it. I can't relate but the one thing I can tell you is that you have really altered your hormonal levels and have created a test deficit to say the least. However - this treatment is also being tested out on women as well. All of us women included have some level of T . It is finding that balance that might be key for you. When a man or woman takes in T it also increases estrogen - for a man most of us take a pill every other day to control it otherwise we grow breasts or have estrogen bloat. This also helps to bring down the SHBG that could be the key to all of this actually working for me. I am not sure about your situation (post op) don't mean to offend you at all. But i think if you are not then you have taken high doses of estrogen and still have the ability to naturally have normal testosterone levels if you wanted to. And actually for that matter even when a man takes in Testosterone the tsetse will shrink because they are now shutdown. the brain says don't produce because there is too much as it is.

I really am not sure how you could deal with something like this at all in your situation. I understand you don't want to go backwards but this could be a huge factor in your situation.

I just had my hormone levels tested for other reasons. While estrogen and progesterone were fine, I had zero T. Not low - Zero!!! Start on the shots next week.

This is supposed to help with night sweats, hair loss, and brittle nails. These are issues that I have had since a six month cycle in 2010. Several docs have said 'that looks systemic' and 'do something about it' not one suggested hormone check or how to 'do something about it'!!!

Anyway, zero T is bad for women too. ::) I look forward to seeing some improvement.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update. It has been a month now. I have not had a single night sweat. Pillow totally dry. These are not menopause induced sweats, more like REM or wake up things. But they are gone and I am thrilled.

No affect on my CH. But, it has only been a month.

The other issues will take a while to confirm as well - nails, hair, bones. But I do look forward to improvement in these areas at least.  :) Since I cannot take the stupid Osteo meds, this could be a real help with future health.

all the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Alley,

Can't give a true report on CH yet. Shadows still, occasional hit and just thrilled not to be in full cycle again this year! :)

It does improve sleep, energy and appetites too! No bad side affects like zits or facial hair, so good to go. Now, if I just had a muscle boost! :D Guess I should use some of my energy to lift a few weights. Like the sofa, dining table, etc!!!!!

All in all, improvements are great, but I cannot claim any help with CH.  :(

spiny

• 7 months later...

I know that lack of sleep and stress will lower your T levels... so not surprised that those of us in a CH cycle will have low T levels.

I do think I am going to ask my Dr for a test...any OTC that help boost T levels or are they all bogus?

Domino,

I'm not offended at all, and yes, I'm post-op. No going back.

Yes, I agree, I'm an extreme case. I always remember when I saw my neurologist about the clusters for the first time, and he told me he could name 10 of his patients off the top of his head that were transsexuals, and he believes their migraines or clusters were directly connected to transitioning and the massive altering of hormones. He's trying to get the gender clinic in London to do a correlation study, but I've not heard more, and that was some years ago.

He believes my hypothalamus was primed to have clusters, and changing my hormones triggered it. I believe it was one specific brand of hormone I took for a few months, although no way to prove it.

Yes, both men and woman have Testosterone and Oestrogen. Both sexes need both hormones. Although it's not always about how much your body produces, but how your receptors are set up to use it. While transitioning, I took an anti-androgen, which told my receptors to stop using Testosterone, the result being my body stopped producing as much as it wasn't getting used.

If someone had told me before I transitioned that I'd suffer with cluster headaches for the rest of my life as a result, I would still go through with it. We all know how bad clusters are, being in the wrong body is 1000 times worse. At least I have a life between attacks, before I transitioned I had no life.

Spiny

WONDERFUL AMAZING NEWS! 

When I was male, I had the strongest nails ever. Once I cut my T levels down, my nails became ever so brittle. It is a good indicator of your T level. I know people who take a lot of Omega 3 and they get quite strong nails as a result of all the T in Omega 3. Interesting stuff.

I consider myself blessed to have lived life as a member of both sexes. Not many people get to see the world from my perspective. It's not only a very interesting point of view, but I have come to believe that 80% of who you are as a person is directly influenced by your hormones.

Hang in there people,

MoxiGirl

• 1 month later...

I receive testosterone HRT due to hypogonadism. The HRT does actually have an impact on my clusters. As I inject testosterone every 14 days, the cluster attacks are relatively mild for 8-10 days and then suddenly switch back to unbearable after 10 days. Obviously, this does not necessarily have to work for everyone but I'd recommend everyone to have their testosterone levels checked (preferably both testosterone and free testosterone/free androgen index) and try HRT if you're levels are low. Oh and try to see an endocrinologist about it.

Best wishes and many pf days :)

• 2 weeks later...
This is supposed to help with night sweats, hair loss, and brittle nails.

I am in my 5th year of menopause, genetically I knew i was going to have a hard time with it, because females on both sides of my family have terrible times with it.  During the course of the past 5 years I have almost bled to death requiring emergency surgery to stop the hemorrhage, and have had unbearable hot flashes. I do not need female hormones because I made them leave my female parts in situ.  But I never considered having low T . Thank you for this advice.  Even if it does not help with the CH, if it will reduce the hot flashes (seriously, I take 3 showers a day with clothing changes) I am all over it.  Will check with my lady doc about this! thanks again! PFD!! and HUGS! ;)