DHS and courts

bubblesup

Having a lot of teen issues working with the courts and DHS. Revealed my CH s and treatment and now they want me to prove I am mentally well not drug abuser. I am mentally well thanks to busting. I am at a point show me who is justified in our situation they drug companies or us.  I guess DHS will report to the courts and shit will hit the fan I don't think I could survive jail With CH's Maybe I'll be one of the first through the courts.

Bubblesup,

Sad that possibly the best path to solve something is to lie.  A direct result of the gov banning substances that definitely have positive help for many of us.

I'd have to agree with Ricardo.  First and foremost is taking care of yourself and your family.  The most direct route for that is likely back peddeling, and trying to prove you're not a drug user. 

A friend of a friend ---  Had to think long and hard about being honest with his doctor \ neurologist.  In the end he decided being dishonest is the best policy...  He gets his medical through the VA and there's a catch 22 with medical treatment at the VA.  If you're an illegal drug user they will revoke your medical treatment.  It's a catch 22...  Be honest and have your medical taken away. Be dishonest and continue to receive medical benefits...

Best of wishes for you and please keep us posted on your situation.

:'(

The caseworker says seems to be understanding I talked with her today.  They want me to do the evaluation and had me sign a hand written note that there will not be any illegal substances used in the home.  I can not get a neurologist til next summer.  I did tell the case worker that I don't even require it now.  She stated she is for what ever helps but she still has her job.  I am mentally well because of busting. So the evaluation should go fine.  Maybe I am dumb but I want them to know it works after so many years of bullshit Doctors and ER visits. Only one ER this year as opposed 20-30.  I am sticking to Advocating and Education. I know of a local lawyer who was a president for Norml here locally. Thinking he maybe needed not sure yet.

Granted, it can take some bold advocacy and risk taking to cut through societal and institutional BS sometimes, and I think you've really done your part Bubzup. THANK YOU.

In light of the new developments you've just noted, I'm kind of liking that middle ground going forward, where in order to avoid courts, DHS and family crises, you continue - if prompted - to acknowledge that busting has tremendous benefits and has really helped you, but also emphasize that because it has been so effective, you no longer need it, or any other substance, legal or illegal.

If more discussion of the past busting becomes necessary I would want to have some good convincing and credible educational documentation ready, such as findings by Doctor Halpern at HARVARD MEDICAL, and one of my personal faves (which would also likely be an easy read for overloaded caseworkers), this Newsweek article "Treating Cluster Headaches with Psychedelic Drugs":

http://www.newsweek.com/treating-cluster-headaches-psychedelic-drugs-81473

>>>I guess DHS will report to the courts and shit will hit the fan I don't think I could survive jail With CH's Maybe I'll be one of the first through the courts. <<<

b'up,

Don't be a hero, please.  Job #1 for you is to be safe.  If some handful of people don't learn about busting, that's okay; you being under some kind of legal or personal threat is not okay.  For heaven's sake, check with a lawyer.  I have checked with a bunch of lawyer friends of mine, and the consensus is that while theoretically you could be subject to prosecution under some circumstances, it is very very very unlikely that you will be.  Prosecutors are swamped with cases that are actually important and that would not have as sympathetic a defendant as you, and that wouldn't pit family members against each other.  They say that very few prosecutors would take on a case like this, and their guess is that even if one did, it'd be settled without jail time.  I stress that this is just what I have heard -- you need to find out for yourself -- and don't do anything that might make you more vulnerable.

I tend to agree with Ricardo that maybe this thread ought to be deleted (and I also think that maybe you might want to remove your location from where it appears under your handle here -- I think that will remove it from all your posts).

• 2 months later...

up date dhs has stopped working our case we got help for our family and no issues pursued about the vit m sent to be evaluated for addiction and substance abuse was told we will call you for conclusion and report next week it has been about two months now no answers.  So all is good