Totally Saddened .. A CH in December ???

didgens

I know all of you here are such veterans and nothing surprises you anymore as far as patterns go. But I was looking forward to Christmas Break (my son just finished finals on Wednesday) and today Is my last day at work for 2 weeks ,,, then this morning came the knock on the door ,, and the need for oxygen.  I feel crushed  :'( December ????? Really ?????  never before ,, 

what I know is this

1.  Tomorrow is the Solstice

2.  Monday it was 85 degrees and I was in a swimming pool

3.  Yesterday it was 49 degrees and freezing raing

4.  My husband had the heat up WAY to high last night and I woke up a splitting sinus headache because of it (it made me almost throw up it was that painful )

5.  My son has been having a few beers to celebrate the end of the semester with friends.

:-/

thanks so much.  CHS have you tried some of the busting methods here ? are you getting any relief from anything ?  Im just kicking myself because I/we are relatively new to this (just figuring it out still) and when he doesn't have a CH for a few months I enter denial phase like (oh .. maybe they wont come back) which is totally stupid on my part.  It is kinda weird though because I will not post on this site or read posts during that time .. but a few days ago I thought ,, you know I havnt really read any posts on the CH site and I hope folks here are doing ok so just about 2 days ago I came and was reading everyones posts and then he got hit this morning .. weird (sorry for the rambling).  I am getting uplifted and feeling hopeful though because I do feel like others here state that success in treatment is just within grasp. At least with all your efforts here and all the good work everyone does here people are starting to pay more attention to this !

anyway .. so sorry for the rambling ,,

what I know is this

1.  Tomorrow is the Solstice

2.  Monday it was 85 degrees and I was in a swimming pool

3.  Yesterday it was 49 degrees and freezing raing

4.  My husband had the heat up WAY to high last night and I woke up a splitting sinus headache because of it (it made me almost throw up it was that painful )

5.  My son has been having a few beers to celebrate the end of the semester with friends. 

Besides all those possible triggers, I figure you can officially make this number 6:

my son just finished finals on Wednesday

..because the relaxation right after a load has been taken off is known to be an especially prone time for some CH'ers (and migraineurs).

That list reads like a bit of a perfect storm alright.  :o

Im just kicking myself

Don't be doing that! :D You're clearly a super concerned, good parent, seeking out solutions, so I think vigorously patting yourself on the back would be a more appropriate activity at this juncture.  ;D :)

didgens ....

Thanks for being such a wonderful supporter and parent.  The previous posts have surely highlighted the reasons for CH to appear now, alcohol, the "let down after finals" and wild temperature variations will spell doom for most of us.  Wacky weather across the country this month.  So many records have been broken for low (and high) temperatures, rainfall and late Fall snows.  CH'rs must be screaming all over the US.

Yes, the one common denomentor is that some of us can NEVER figure out the patterns that send us over the edge.  And once you do, they will change.

I too am bewildered by the Beast's activity, but for exactly the opposite reason.  This December has been the first completely pain-free month in five years for me.  I busted like a mad-man in November with no other changes to anything.  The poor monster must be confused and running into walls with his eyes closed. 

Attack CH will everything you have available, eliminate the triggers, then cross fingers, toes and eyes.  You both will beat this.

Wishing you and yours may pain free days and relief over the holidays.

weatherman  [smiley=cool.gif]

didgens,

I can only speak to the weather and stress part. They both suck for CH. The time of year also sucks. Well, I guess that means that I can speak to the Equinox and Solstice part too. :-[

Do not be surprised, but do be pro-active. Even if it is a little late, you can be pro-active. Alley gave great advice. I suggest you follow it.

I have had more random' hits than normal by a long shot due to low pressure fronts and temp changes. Wacky weather means active CH for many and we have had some wacky weather.

All the best. I know that you will take good care of him!