New here - My Hubby's story

Angel

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..He has been getting 3 - kip10 at night since! ...

3 K10s at night since - oh man that's horrible. >:(

Personally, I doubt that 30 RC seeds alone would have much effect for him at this stage, but I'll be interested to see if anyone on here thinks different.

I'm going by my own experience with mild acting RC, and thinking of the report from severe chronic Bonkers who found that (if I remember correctly) RC did nothing.

I just find that odd after bust #7 but what do I know! Were learning as we go and we will eventually get it right! 

Angel,

I find this very odd myself to be honest. I started getting significant pf time by my 7th dose however I am episodic so it is different for me. I have mixed mushies and seeds for dosing but not at the same time, more like 60 seeds one dose, 1.5gs mushies next dose and so on. I am so sorry to hear about the 10k hits but I really don't have any advice other than switch up to maybe 60 seeds and see how that goes. For some people the seeds work best i.e Chad for others the shrooms but you won't know till you try. PF vibes to your husband.

David

Well today is busting day ! Bust #8 he will do 1gr of shrooms with 30 RC seeds. Hopefully this will changes things up and give him some improvement! Since last Tuesday his last bust with 3gr of shrooms he has been getting about 3 kip10 a night. >:( It starts about 1hr after going to bed then every 2hours! During the day tho they aren't so bad. But he is very tired, still getting up early every morning to go to work! It's amazing how you sufferers are strong people !!

Still wondering tho what went wrong because he was doing such great progress his firsts busts and now back to this! But his chronic so I know they wont just disappear, it will take time!

Wish us luck ! Will let you know how things go!

Thanks David & Matty ! Change of plans was suppose to bust with 1gr of shrooms and 30 RC seeds but got a new batch of shrooms today :) We were running low on shrooms and I asked my cousin who works in bars to ask around and turns out my AUNT who lives 5 min from me had some at home  ;D She gave them to us there must be like 20gr ! She told me there were like 2 years old tho but looked fine. They are huge compare to the one we had before and there is a lot of caps too!

So he decided to test them 2gr and they are indeed still very good even stronger then the last batch! He had a small ha when he took them but when they kicked in he felt the ha being sucked away  8-)

Hopefully tonight he will get a PF night! Will keep you posted!

Well after busting last night with 2gr of shrooms last night with the new batch which is much stronger then the last batch he got hit after 4hours of dosing with a kip10 but aborted quickly withing 10min. Then got hit every 2 hours all night again! Today wasn't to bad except for a couple of kip 7 ha's that lasted almost 2hrs each. O2 did nothing to help! And then tonight he only had a few twitches that were going from left to right. Now he is sleeping so will see how the night goes! He hasn't had one good night sleep since the last bust which I think maybe it's because the dose was too high for him. Who knows! If things don't improve this week the next bust will be much lower maybe 1gr of shrooms with 30rc seeds or just the seeds will see! He needs a good nights sleep he is exhausted! We need to really figure out what a good dose is for him to get improvement! I've been on here reading and researching other posts to figure this out! And everyone is different.

Will let you know in the next few days how things go! Hopefully I will have some good news to share with y'a all  :)

What David said.  :(

Since the O2 didn't work on those K7's I wonder if he'll want to try Batch's PH optimization recipe (I can dig it up if you don't have it), which is purported to allow the O2 to be more effective? Or maybe an energy drink along with the O2 for the same reason? (sorry if we've covered that and I've forgotten).

As far as sleep is concerned, how about the Melatonin? I just saw for the first time over on CH.com that people are going as high as 18 mg for the nightly dose, with one responder saying melatonin never did anything for him until he got to 15 mg, then it started preventing the night time hits. I'm not sure whether melatonin is supposed to conflict with mushrooms at all - I know that my little 3 mg nightly melatonin dose didn't prevent 1.5 G of mushrooms from coming on strong and knocking me for a good loop.  ;)

Thanks David and hope you are having success with your busting!

Beejeeber, My hubby said he wil give melatonin a try ! Will be getting some today after work ! Thank you :) Don't know tho what is the Batch's PH optimization recipe ?

Here's a quote from one of Batch's posts at the CH.com forum (he's an O2 guru over there) where he details the recipe:

"....when I go into a high cycle, I take 3 to 4 calcium citrate tablets with vitamin D, magnesium and zinc washed down with fresh homemade lemonade.  This regimen acts as a buffer on the gastric juices in the stomach with the ultimate result, an elevation in arterial pH as measured with pH test strips that show my saliva pH has risen...  This regimen also breaks my high cycles in 12 to 24 hours...  Hope this helps."

He considers an elevated arterial pH to really help the O2 do it's thing.

Here's the link to the full thread this came from where he supplies charts and the whole nine yards (you'll find his post with his characteristic giant font at the bottom of the thread): http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1276030335/3

[Edit: and here's some more specific pH supplement info from another Batch thread]: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1278624142/6

"I take the Kirkland™ brand calcium citrate tablets that also contain vitamin D, magnesium and zinc all in one tablet.  I get them at Costco...  If you can't get to Costco, you can get the same basic formula by taking Citracal Plus Bone Density Builder™ tablets.  Most food stores carry them."

Thank you Bejeeber for digging up this recipe  :) Will diff. try it next time the O2 doesn't work ! But yesterday it did it's job! During the day he only got a few low level ha's aborted within 5min  8-) And last night got a few more ha's that were switching from side to side again... :-?!! But no Kip 10...Yay :) Hopefully things will start to improve again !

Tingeling hope you're feeling better today !I know you'll be just fine but thinking of you ! :)