This helped me- hopefully will help others

ClusterSwarm

58 minutes ago, SHG said:

Guys, I think there are some important things that needs to be said here.

First, histamine IS a trigger for CH, and in many cases foods high in histamine also contain other triggering agents. This includes all aged, preserved, smoked, cured, pickled and fermented  foods and drinks, that are also rich in tyramine.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean that a law histamine diet will make a noticeable change for many, but some may benefit. It won't help too many people because (a) histamine is only one common trigger out of many and (b) food is hardly the only source of histamine. Histamine is not only consumed but mostly manufactured in the body, especially during CH attacks.

Benadryl is beneficial for some people as a short-term preventative, because it inhibits H1 receptors in the brain. It's also useful to prevent Vitamin D depletion due to allergic reaction, which is crucial for the D3 regimen in some people.

So, not a cure and not for everybody, but Benadryl and low histamine diet may help some people. 

Thank you sgh! 

Mall I have been trying to say was that I’ve tried everything you can imagine and even things you wouldn’t want to imagine. It was only when I coupled the low histamine diet with giving up caffeine that my clusters stopped. I went through hell since I was a kid and if I could maybe help at least one person it would be worth it. I believe that people like me can’t tolerate too much histamine rich foods. And you couple that with caffeine and boom you get a nuclear explosion in between your ears.

It’s unclesr weather histamine is actually a trigger or they are elevated in the blood during an attack as the body responds to the change in physiology: pain triggers  the release of several substances. Histamine is probably released in response to some of these substances. And you end up w a positive feed back cycle until the attack ends.  I found this old gem while searching the web for histamine and CH. JAMA 1971!

edit: just found this too. It’s many of the substances released during a CH Positive feedback substances

Edited by Freud

For me it was just a simple lifestyle change. Sure I gave up some of my favorite things to be honest the main one that I miss is coffee and tea because I was an addict but I’m past that now and I just supplement my simple fixes with healthy drinks and I just deal with it and I’m OK with that.  I think the main thing that people don’t do when they try this method as they see that their clusters are in remission and then they immediately say well this is great I’ll just go back to normal and when the clusters happen again I’ll give up those things but the way I read it is That’s not how it works it’s a slow build up and that’s why it takes so long for the clusters to go away so you have to Chyna just stick with it permanently and that’s that

13 minutes ago, ClusterSwarm said:

For me it was just a simple lifestyle change. Sure I gave up some of my favorite things to be honest the main one that I miss is coffee and tea because I was an addict but I’m past that now and I just supplement my simple fixes with healthy drinks and I just deal with it and I’m OK with that.  I think the main thing that people don’t do when they try this method as they see that their clusters are in remission and then they immediately say well this is great I’ll just go back to normal and when the clusters happen again I’ll give up those things but the way I read it is That’s not how it works it’s a slow build up and that’s why it takes so long for the clusters to go away so you have to Chyna just stick with it permanently and that’s that

This seems to address your triggers. Not for every one. But an accepted proven method of treatment is busting and BOF is pain free due to it. So what is there to be gained is my point. 

• Like 1

It seems like a loaded question. Simple answer is, you don’t need to bust anything if they don’t happen. The same way fat people can’t stick with the diet to lose weight is the same exact thing that I’ve noticed about cluster headache victims. They just can’t stick to a diet and I damn sure can’t give up fixes that they know in the long term is going to hurt him re-read my thread that I reposted 

• Sad 1

No thanks, I’ll stick w busting, “fat people” not so nice. Very tactful I see.  In my experience with busting and CH people they stick to it if it works for them. Busting doesn’t address triggers. It goes to the root cause. And like several people have told you your addressing a particular trigger for you. Please refrain from being rude!

• Like 1

If you truly care for people the way you say you all do then stop stifling anyone that come in with a different point of view on how this can be approached. I’m not the only one who was cured with this technique. I waited a long time before recommending this to anyone to prove that it works to myself. Because of this diet change I’m now finally living a normal life. Over 1500 people have viewed this thread and hopefully a handful will give this a true shot. I listened to a total stranger on a thread the same way and it ended well over 20years of suffering. 

Let me give you naysayers a little advice! Done knock it down until you’ve tried it . 

Also don’t bash people that might be on to something because you’ll keep people in the shadows. 

There you go using the “C” word. Again, unfortunately you don’t learn. You didn’t cure anything, you eliminated a trigger for yourself. Your brain is just as fed up as ours, may be more. That’s great you found your major trigger. But. Triggers change, not everyone has the same triggers.  keep in mind this is a site about busting, over the years people have added other helpful things, but this isn’t ch.com.  So when you start posting about a “cure” and refuse to stop using the word you really offend people here!  God knows we all want a cure but what you found is no cure.  Even though (to the best of my knowledge) @Psiloscribe Has not had a CH in years he doses 2x a year but would NEVER say he has a cure!  Same goes for @Batch with his amazing (data driven!!!) results with his vitamin D protocol would never have the bravado to claim a “cure”.  You are in a site that was created specifically for busting, as a separate site from CH.com for the purposes of sharing knowledge about the use of psychedelics to treat (NOT CURE) CH. so when you come here saying you have a cure, don’t want to hear anything about busting, and still claim you’ve cured yourself. I again think you need to do a quick search (upper right of your screen) for “cure” start with the oldest posts first and work your way up to your cure...  

• Like 2

“Lets just back off this whole thing gang”

I think I was clear. For folks that have their mind already made up and don’t think what worked for me will work for them just steer clear of the thread and save yourself the aggravation. 

I think my statement stands on its' own validity.

'Gang' means everyone - you included. It is not because I do or do not believe in your method. I have not tried and have no opinion at all. As a treatment, it works for you. And may for others. I support any treatment that is not harmful and helps anyone with CH. 

It is your rude responses that are the problem. And assumptions you are making as well.

• Like 3

I’m sorry I just couldn’t leave it alone. As with any cluster head I wish you the very best of luck and hope you’re pain free for the rest of your life. This is no picnic for any one. 

Mahalo

• spiny locked this topic