Advice needed. Getting desperate

shahooty

I know using Frova or any other triptan made my CH hits more frequent, longer and more painful. And cycles came more often. So, in my case it did cause more attacks. I don't know if the terminology would be rebound. In my opinion rebound could have a different meaning .

Hope this helps.       Leslie

I think the above advice from Dan sounds right on, to the point of practically being a no brainer.

For a chronic.

My feeling is that it's a little trickier decision for an incredibly lucky (well compared to a chronic!) episodic CH'er such as Shahooty and myself though.

I know from personal experience that when an episodic finds himself in the middle of a raging peak episode without having done any effective busting, riding it out with a conventional preventative and O2 for aborting breakthrough hits can potentially work out OK, as long as it's then followed by a serious plan for switching to busting any future episodes before they begin, swearing off the toxic drugs.

No guarantee that because this worked out for me (I was actually able to prevent or abort all of my hits with meds and O2 while I rode my episode out) it will be a good route for any other given individual, but there is a precedent.

For the record, I did shun prednisone on my last medicated episode, and I used 1/2 dose trex injections to abort any hits that O2 wouldn't shut down.

Bejeeber, that's where I think I am right now.

This has been a pretty shitty series for me. I'm just hoping the verapamil will work enough to get me through the day and that the oxygen can get me through the night time attacks. I think I'm going to stay off the Frova. Seems like taking that every night will be habit forming. I don't want to just prolong things and face them later which it seems like the Frova will.

Although, I had a good night sleep last night after taking the Frova and just woke up with a five that made it to a seven before the oxygen chilled it out, and have a feeling I'm going to get a couple more tonight. Just gotta be strong. Get through the next few weeks. Then I can start a true busting strategy.

Clusterbusters?

I realized after I posted this, Bob, that it might seem like I was somehow dissing my much-beloved Clusterbusters, which wasn't my intention.  I know, of course, about the important research Clusterbusters has funded, and your big role (personally and through things like the NatGeo programs) in spreading awareness, but I don't know anything about whether there's a larger "umbrella organization" for CH with some kind of unified approach to fundraising, research, and advocacy, as there is for so many other conditions.