How much do I need to trip?

Victor

I've red about the dosing method but I cannot find anything related to this doubt I have. The Psychedelic effect after eating 2g or your particular dose of shrooms can vary a lot depending on what and when you ate. If you eat a lot and then take the shrooms, the trip will be very low but what about the "therapeutic" effect? Thanx!

That's an interesting question. Also, if you make shroom-tea, how long you soak it for and if you use lemon juice in the mixture can also affect the potency of the trip, from my experience.

But is that also affecting the potency of the medication? From how I read things, preparing it right and avoiding fatty foods means you extract and absorb more psilo, and thus the medical effect is stronger, but so is the trip.

In my mind, the trip and the medical benefit are linked, but only to a point. I suspect there is an upper-limit the medical benefit, say 1.5 grams, beyond that and you are just increasing the trip without increasing the healing power. But is 1.5 better than 1.2, better than 1.0...??

I may be totally wrong, just guessing a bit. I regularly dose with 1.2 grams. If I take much more, the trip becomes more than I like.

MG

THMH, I meant CH therapeutic effects.

Ok. If the psilo is the thing that helps us with the CH and it also produces the trip, they are obviously linked but it would be nice to know the specifics, the upper-limit and lower-limit.

Anyone can clear that out?

That is a hard question to answer.  Everyone is different when it comes to this,  for some .5g is plenty and shouldn't cause a trip.  Others like myself need higher doses exceeding that of a normal person.  [smiley=shocked.gif]  For me if I dose too low it just stirs things up and causes more headaches and ruins my chance to dose again for 3-5 days so I just always go high.  But a high dose for you may be a low dose for me,  it all depends on the person and how they react to the meds.  I have taken 15-20 dry grams before, this is the extreme high end and is not a recommended dose for anyone........

Now of course it is going to make a difference if you eat a large meal and then take .5g you aren't going to get much if anything in your system.

CH

Well, I know it would be hard to find those upper and lower limits and, most likely, they're also very dependant on each individual. It's also very difficult to measure.

Also CH-Hell, 15-20 dry grams is really high. Do you eat them with empty stomach? Don't you trip way too much? If you were to eat only 5g or 2g as most people do, it wouldn't help you with the CH? How did you test this?

I'm a noob in my first busting attempt so I'm very curious about all this. Thanx in advance.

I have taken 15-20 dry grams before

WOW. :o That is like a CH world record.  :o

Woot woot!  Do you think I can get in the Guinness Book? ;)

Also CH-Hell, 15-20 dry grams is really high. Do you eat them with empty stomach? Don't you trip way too much? If you were to eat only 5g or 2g as most people do, it wouldn't help you with the CH? How did you test this?

Yes 15-20g is super high and NOT recommended and anyone taking that much is going to trip WAY too much.  I always do it on a empty stomach and drink it as a tea with the solid fungi strained out.  Eating that much dry fungi would make me sick for days if I didn't make it as tea,  if a tea is made properly it will be just as active as eating them but much less stomach discomfort.

When took the mega dose I had been getting beat up with Clusters for weeks and had taken a small about six days prior.  I was a little stressed and needed a break so I decided to dose big I weighed 10g and put it in a pot to make tea.  It didn't look like that much in the pot so I tossed at least 10 more grams in but I didn't weigh it.   The dose was extreme and I don't think it helped anymore than 7g would have.  5-7g is my normal dose and is still high for a CH dose.

I suggest you start low .5-1.5 grams and see how your body reacts,  if you have chemicals in your body you may need a higher dose.  There is no test except taking them to find out where you are and how you are going to react to them.

CH

• 2 weeks later...

Dang 15 grams dried is a lot and a waste lol

You can only get to a certain trip level and then you are kind of just wasting future medication lol......

I do go for it - when I am busting and start off with a couple of grams dry. I sometimes will do 3 grams dried. My purpose is to rid my head of the beast and I dont want to screw around so I do go for it, I take enough till I see god (as Potter says). For me .5 grams wouldnt do crap for me. As of today it still wouldnt do anything for me - I would have a slight buzz but that is about it. I tend to go on the heavy side of a dose to make sure I trip and it actually busts. You could try 1.5 and see how that goes for you , if it isnt doing much for you then wait 4 days and try a heavier dose.

Like CH said above - Having other meds in your system is key - you dont want anything in your system if you can help it. Detox for a few days and then bust.