RELPAX DETOX

dainbread

you need to use any other help to get trough it, vitamin D regimen, O2, ice, heat, COFFEE (?) I don't know migraines... but maybe a SPUT would help since MM seems to help greatly the migraines, and if you check the thread on MM SPUT, you'll see apparently it won't affect your busting, and since it's very small dose, maybe you could do that before completely detoxed from Relpax.

Hoping others will throw in their 2 bucks on this. Well it's hell (the detox period), but there are ways to tamper hell.

Hang on

Along with heat or ice or energy drink, a menthol rub on your neck and/or shoulders might feel good. Or inhale from a Vicks Menthol Inhaler.

I've used Tiger Balm on my forehead, being very careful not to get in the eyes.

Just grabbing at straws here.       Leslie

so far I have done everything except SPUT cuz I have no idea what it is.  And of course no MM yet until I detox, Purple said I could have a reaction, well if anyone would it would be me so I will wait..

I will search in a bit. the massage at 10am was wonderful as it went on but once I got back in the car the party started again. 

This is no double violent cluster so I will make it- but it is for sure no fun with a red hot head and nausea since 5am. hard to think the relpax has caused this. I love western meds-  they threw that little chemical in there to get you hooked... 

This sucks but ill just keep pacing and moaning till its gone...  Thank you folks for holding my hand!!!  Seriously..

LOL and Im constipated from the verapamil   tortured soul today..  its not funy but it is all mine.. ive eatin so many prunes and apple juice its a joke...  I can typically stay ahead of it, although once in a awhile I get the butt brick..

the body is a wonderful thing when its sick...

my MM is a half hour car ride, I working on a delivery cuz im not driving anywhere- and my wife is at work..

Hang in there db!!!!

Bottom right of page is 'Forum Jump'.

Click. Go to 'Playing Well With Others.' That contains the list you need.

I know that now is not a good time, but day one is almost done and behind you. Hang on to that thought. That puts you 20% through detox!

Migraines are so different while similar. I am at a loss for relief from it. Quiet, dark, prone are all the things I know for migraine. Sorry not to be able to help me. :'( I do wonder if O2 would help.

spiny

something about potential seritoin sumthin??

As far as I've seen, seratonin syndrome is a theoretical risk in this scenario of SPUT combined with triptan, one that I believe at least one guru here (Ricardo) has disregarded. I believe he'll inject imitrex to abort a CH attack right during a high dose M bust, with no ill effects.

That's the way I remember it anyhoo.

Somebody correct ME if I am wrong!!!!!!! :D

If it was me, this long after having taken a Relpax, I don't think I'd be too concerned about any pesky seratonin syndrome with just a lil' ol' SPUT.  8-)

Cassidy,

I think your concerns are warranted.  I would suggest that dainbread get in touch with Teri Robert.  I am not that familiar with Relpax to give an educated answer as to the proper way to detox from this drug, but I feel confident that Teri would or at least could refer him to someone that does know.  You can contact Teri here: http://www.terirobert.com/contact.htm

I sent a message to Teri and got this:

OOPS!

Page Not Found

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1.You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

2.The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

3.The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation

So how are you feeling now?

I read your other post saying you had been on Replax for 10 years. That makes me think there should be some kind of taper off and not cold turkey.

I am not qaulified to really know, but you need to ask someone that is, another member might help or a modifier.

I feel helpless and I might be way off base. Do you have anyone you can ask?     Leslie

Did you click on the site that Alley posted to you?

A form pops up and you can send Terri your question.

Leslie

yes the form popped up, but after hitting send I got that page. maybe it went?  PC's you know! :D

I may be getting a little better.  that maybe good news if it starts going the opposite way a little- then at least its going someplace. 

U know one minute with a CH your dyeing then like a light its gone.  This the first time I have not taken a relpax in 10yrs tho, so I have no data on the effects. I think I do now...

And this is not my  typical cluster- this is  less pain but oh so much longer duration..