Energy drinks

Boatman

I just bought two 16oz cans of spike energy drinks because they have 350mg of caffeen and they were 2 for three dollars at the 7-11 store. Anyone try these yet? I usually stock up on monster low carb but these look more potent.. I might only need a few sips if it's twice as strong..hoping do get my abort time below 15 mins I'm averaging about 30 till I can return to bed.. also besides red bull and 5 he shots and coffee do others have a certain brand the know helps? 

I use Stacker2 energy shots from Walmart and other drug stores. It runs about $1.50 for 2 bottles. It seems to do the trick most of the time but I do feel that the real 5hr energy drink works better, or more consistent I should say. But at half the price worst case I drink 2 of them. I can kill off a cluster in 5 minutes if I catch it fast enough and do the shot on my way to the O2 tank. 

I have also drank cold frappuccino made by Starbucks and other cold coffee drinks that are similar. 

The key for me is to catch it early and hit it hard. 

Thanks guys.. it's been two days since I've had to drink an energy drink.. I still have the spike energy in my fridge. I've been in cycle for four months now. Once I get to four days I believe it's over. I've had a couple pf days in my cycle B4. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 9:01 AM, Boatman said:

Thanks guys.. it's been two days since I've had to drink an energy drink.. I still have the spike energy in my fridge. I've been in cycle for four months now. Once I get to four days I believe it's over. I've had a couple pf days in my cycle B4. 

Has your cycle ended Boatman? Wow 4 months is a long cycle period.  How do you function proper at work? Ive missed two and a half days already and I have to try to make it today. 

I hope so.. it's been a couple days since I've had a low low level ch. I haven't had a full blown attack in 3 weeks.. As far as work goes, I have very supportive co-workers who have seen what ch looks like first hand and this includes my bosses. They allow me to take time go to my car and use my oxygen to abort. I have only used maybe 5 injections in four months of cycle. The oxygen and caffeine drinks without sugar are my best tactics. I try to avoid injections at all cost unless I'm ready for the ER.. I missed 3 straight weeks at the peak of my cycle.. fortunately I'm allowed to save my sick time every year so I do, just for my cycls.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, Obie said:

Just wondering, anyone not have luck at all with energy drinks? I chugged 16 oz of Redbull and still had a full length cluster at about a 6.

they used to work 10y ago ,,but not anymore,,no matter how much how cold,,,02 and rapidly paced push ups work 95% of the time as abortive.

Energy drinks work to hold a cluster back long enough for me to get to the oxygen. on a rare occasion when I am far from my oxygen they can sometimes abort the attack but not always. 95% of the time I need the o2 or I am on the o2 before the energy drink has time to clear things up on its own. 

I have used anything I could get my hands on when needed. 5hr energy, red bukk, monster, cold and hot coffee and just about any name brand that has caffeine and taurine

• 2 weeks later...

First I need to explain that I never get a cluster headache without first having a Migraine that stays completely through the attack. I can have Migraines by them self but never a cluster by its self. I can not say for sure that energy drinks make a difference with my clusters unless I take a zomig with the energy drink. Now for Migraines I take 3 Advil PM and drink a energy drink and it seems to stop them from getting worse, may be like it is stopping the cluster attack.