How Does End of Cycle Come?

andy63thisyear

This is my first time with CH diagnosis and I have been in cycle since July 4 (I may have carried this for years, thinking it was sinus headache - but this year has been almost unbearable).

Can you experienced folks help me understand what you experience when you come to the end of a cycle?

Does the cycle end come suddenly? Are there subtle changes? Can you normally sense when things are winding down? 

By the way, THANK YOU for all the great information and experience. I am finding some pain relief through this forum, as well as emotional strength through our shared pain!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Andy!

It seems that for some,they just peter out. Others wake up one morning and realize they slept all night. For me, I often still wake, to find that the hit is just a hint and go back to sleep. Instead of four 2.25 hour hits per night, I get three. It just winds down for me. Others are different. Mine start with one a night and then grow to the standard four.

Often, I will still wake at 'hit time' and there is no hit. That does take a few weeks or more to stop. But hey, a glass of water trip to the bathroom and back to bed is GOOOOOOD!!!!!:D 

Stay with us! This is the best place I have found for CH. Gave me my life back.

• Like 2

...mine were like a bell curve every 6-8 weeks for yrs...slow ramp up...level off...slow ramp down.....I ALWAYS knew when the cycle was over when I got hit at the very end of the ramp down by a HUGE one. it was weird...I used to "pray for the whopper". If I was in a hurry there was always the beer test...a guaranteed yes/no on cycle end for me. I think you've said alcohol is not a trigger...so I guess the best I could say is to attempt what you think MAY be a trigger...

...mental health wise...I think it's just easier not to dwell on it (easy to say when you know your cycle...so keeping a journal helps)….

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

For me, the cycle begins slow, like 1 every 2 or 3 days. Then it moves to 1 every day. At the peak of my cycle I am at 3 a day and then suddenly they stop. Mine don't taper off, they just stop. What I can say is that if you are in your peak part of the cycle, it is orobably on its way out. Also try and remember how long this cycle lasts, as well as, how long previous cycles may have been. My cycle is about 6 weeks, I'm at week 4 rn, so I should be ending soon. But I just keep track of time.

• Like 1