Anyone tried Wim Holf's method for CH?

Vipul

Been seeing Wim Holf's interviews and his achievements on you tube. His method seems to be quite simple and he's proved crazy stuff scientifically. Managing to control release of endorphins, dopamine etc in the brain. Wondering if his method could help with CH?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 8 months later...

not very true. actually the wim hof method do help with Vitamin D deficiency,  it helps the autonomic nervous system and the Endocannabinoid system function. although I do both the D3 regimen and  wim hof method with cold showers.. personally for me - there's no  argument WHM does help a lot. I use it to abort attacks faster than when using  oxygen.

see here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4034215/

https://twinlabphytocab.com/feeling-cloudy-how-vitamin-d-with-cbd-can-affect-the-endocannabinoid-system/

and here:

https://www.migrainekey.com/blog/what-causes-migraines-migraines-oxidative-stress-and-endocannabinoid-deficiency/

at least give it a fair try.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 6:25 AM, xxx said:

Hyperventilation with room air until you reach respiratory alkalosis can be helpful in lowering the pain of CH but it too, does nothing to replete a vitamin D3 deficiency.

WHM is not just Hyperventilation and it must be followed exactly like he instructs in order to achieve the benefits of the method..

Yeah in this most recent cycle (please be over soon) I have been doing the breathing when I get an attack... Seemed like a Miracle sometimes and others not so much... I think the execution matters... I have found that when i really wait those extra seconds to breath and push my limits, the pain goes away and the level of the attack stays lower.. 

Are there any negative effects of doing the breathing too much? I have been "saving" it for when I get an attack rather than doing it regularly in the morning etc.. Would it be better to do both? Also wondering if it can change the length of the cycle at all for better or worse.

On 10/15/2020 at 2:49 PM, maskedmarvel said:

Yeah in this most recent cycle (please be over soon) I have been doing the breathing when I get an attack... Seemed like a Miracle sometimes and others not so much... I think the execution matters... I have found that when i really wait those extra seconds to breath and push my limits, the pain goes away and the level of the attack stays lower.. 

Are there any negative effects of doing the breathing too much? I have been "saving" it for when I get an attack rather than doing it regularly in the morning etc.. Would it be better to do both? Also wondering if it can change the length of the cycle at all for better or worse.

that is exactly what I experience, I also found it easier and less painful to inhale using my mouth and not my nose.

regarding "over doing" WHM I also though it can be harmful is I overdo it, I've asked around, and also shared with my doctor and with my personal experience after I had days of doing over 30 minutes of WHM in 1 session I would say the answer is no.

I do that at least twice a day, morning and night and also using the cold shower technique, also without having an episode, it helps the immune system and and reduce inflammation.

about for your last question, I don't know.. I hope not.