Sad but Necessary Action Today

ThatHurtsMyHead

All,

It's with a heavy heart I have to do something today that I've only had to do once before.  Ban someone from the board.  This action was not taken lightly.  I'll leave details out, but nearly every personality conflict on the board for the last year or so all involve one poster.  I've asked politely.  The mods have asked politely.  This poster has received warnings and yet continues to post inflammatory remarks. 

There seems to only be one action left so that members here can focus on helping one another, that's the reason we're here and the reason the board is here.  To help, not hurt.  We all have enough hurt in our lives with CH already.

Love to all,

J

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

fillzeros,

You're correct.  It's not something I ever look forward to.  Thankfully it's a very rare necessity to ban someone.  I know everyone of us with CH have days our fuse is short.  I try to temper any action with the understanding that I don't know what that person is going through right now.  They might just be having a moment.  So I try to assume the person will come around if approached from a different angle.  The vast majority of the time those of us here on the board can have an argument, but all the while we know the person at the other end is a friend.  At the end of the day I want to see that person at a conference and give them a hug, even if we disagree on something.  When attacks go from the subject matter to personal, it interferes with the ability to reconcile.

Cheers All,

J

• Like 1

This action is supported by all admin personnel. Each of us have responded numerous times to pm's and 'alerts' from this person.  

The fact that less than a handful of members have been banned in over a decade shows that we strive to help people. That is our only agenda. 

Please keep in mind that this is a safe place for people to discuss and work on pain relief and having a 'normal' life. We all have Ch. Every Admin strives to provide a safe place for our friends who suffer the same disease or similar. We are walking the same path as our members.

Family clashes can and do occur on occasion. They are generally short lived and everyone moves forward, closer to the goal post, rather than creating divisiveness and discord in the group for personal reasons. The discord is not helpful nor does it benefit anyone.  

Sad as it is, it is necessary.   

• Like 5

I have no idea what this is about but I feel so sorry for everyone involved. I feel sorry for us.

I am a naive human being who wants to believe good in people and honesty is essential in everything I do in life.

For the longest time I thought that having a cluster headache somehow shelters one from being or becoming dishonest, or manipulative and such. It does not. In my eyes clusterheads are more compassionate and understanding than an average joes but maybe due to our extreme, violent, mercyless and for some very prolonged suffering we have our exceptions to confirm the rule.

C'mon. We are the underdogs already, big time, with all that we are up against in life. Be kind, to each other, to yourself.

Respect to admins. Not an easy task you have to carry out year in year out. PF wishes !

• Like 7

On 6/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, ThatHurtsMyHead said:

fillzeros,

You're correct.  It's not something I ever look forward to.  Thankfully it's a very rare necessity to ban someone.  I know everyone of us with CH have days our fuse is short.  I try to temper any action with the understanding that I don't know what that person is going through right now.  They might just be having a moment.  So I try to assume the person will come around if approached from a different angle.  The vast majority of the time those of us here on the board can have an argument, but all the while we know the person at the other end is a friend.  At the end of the day I want to see that person at a conference and give them a hug, even if we disagree on something.  When attacks go from the subject matter to personal, it interferes with the ability to reconcile.

Cheers All,

J

Yeah so please ask some being or saint to Crucify themselves for one god dam CH -.-