Head-Q by Health Concerns

Alicia Clusterhead

I recently ordered Head-Q by Health Concerns (a mix of anti-inflammatory herbal supplements)in anticipation of rebounds after my prednisone course ends. I read some reviews from people with both migraines and clusters that gave good reviews. Unfortunately, it won't arrive until the end of the month. I was curious if anyone else on here has tried it and what their results were.

.....the vitamin D3 regimen has a far, FAR, FAR better success rate than any of these expensive proprietary supplements...careful not to throw so much stuff at the beast that when you tame it, and you will....ya don't know what did it! leaving you at ground zero for next cycle and the same dance starts all over again...

...really, do everything you can to get OXYGEN ...is life changing for so so many....then strongly consider busting!

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1

I have the oxygen, thank goodness! It definitely works, but I have been struggling with slap backs. After my first round of prednisone I had been getting hit pretty intensely with the headaches. After doing oxygen treatment for 15min on 15L with a non-rebreather within 30min I got a slap back. I then did twice the time on the O2 and within an hour the same thing happened. After the Imitrex it was 2 hours until the slap back where I just rode it out (excruciatingly) because I felt like it would keep happening if I tried to use treatment. I am now on the second round of prednisone and dreading the coming off it and am trying to prepare in advance. I am taking a high dose of Vit D3 everyday 10,000 IU I believe, but I won't know how effective this is until I am off the Prednisone. I am reluctant to do the psychedelic treatment because I am a nurse. I worked so hard for that license, and more importantly I would be completely devastated if this condition took that away from me as well if I were caught using them. 

• Like 1

So I am currently taking vitamin D3 (I thought I had been taking 10,000 IU but just found out it was only 5,000IU...oops) as well as 400mg Magnesium, just started on the Omega 3 fish oil, feverfew, and Riboflavin. I will see if I can get my labs drawn in Neurology on my appointment on the 25th to see where I am at to know how I need to adjust.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kat_92 said:

@Alicia Clusterhead okay. I think for the loading dose you need a higher amount of d3. Batch recommends the d3 50000 water soluble (the brand is biotech on Amazon). Also need to add a multivitamin and vitamin k. 

I am a little nervous of the effects of hypercalcemia. I know that many people here haven't had an issue with that so far, but I wanted to see what would happen if I took the daily recommended amount per clusterheads of 10,000 IU. I'm not too worried about the loading dose as the prednisone is working as a pause, so I'm not rushing to interrupt the headaches while the D3 starts to work (if I'm understanding this correctly)...I'm also having a hard time giving up dairy which is causing some hesitancy( worth it if it stops clusters, but if I can keep cheese in my life while keeping the headaches out, there's a golden solution I'm looking for). I might do a multivitamin next, but I'm taking some other supplements that I probably shouldn't go too overboard with such as a B-complex which does wonders on my energy levels.

20 hours ago, Alicia Clusterhead said:

but if I can keep cheese in my life while keeping the headaches out

LOL I have to admit that this bit made me laugh. I am a lover of all things cheese as well. I think the nixing of dairy is legit to a degree, but I have been on the D reg for quite some time with wonderful results and I have not cut the cheese (pun intended):D

• Haha 4