Thanks! Been lurking for awhile!

windman

6 yr  ECH sufferer here....self diagnosed last year. After so many years of WTF! Had tried accupunture, massage, chiro, etc. ECH started after having my neck rebuilt after an accident.  I would be having treatments..and my cycle would stop and Id think..Cool..this is the cure. Then 12 months later beast would return, would try same treatment and nothing.

Then I found you guys!!!  I read this forum as a guest..so didnt get all the goods!!  Went to my doc (who knew nothing)...got O2 (cause I read it here) and zomig.  I read  Suffered thru the cycle..02 didnt work..but the setup I know now wasnt right

Started getting scared in sept, my cycle always starts in oct..actually logged in and watched Bob's video presentation!  Got some shrooms. Thought cool take shrooms twice a year and Im good. Made it thru Oct! F#ck Yeah!!  Then while on holiday last week in Maui...boom!

Every night would get attacks...back to the forum. Tried Red Bull..It worked!  Couldnt sleep...but who cares..I could abort with red bull.. I had picked shrooms in my youth in Maui..asked around and scored.. took 1.75 g  last friday, had a very enjoyable evening! Went to bed..and 2 hours later..boom..2 hrs of hell..snorted zomig...took along time...brutal. Terrified of the flight home the next night as it was an overnight flt back to Canada. No attack. back home this week, spending 6hrs a day reading everything on here!!

You guys rock! I haver started the D3, drinking water all day  and I have been sleeping thru the night. Im still having attacks..usually upon wake up, and early evening, but can abort by drinking a cup of strong coffee!!! No 02   but it didnt seem to work for me last year anyway...and Im managing without it.

I will dose with shrooms again tonight...  I do realize how lucky I am, and thanks to all you guys!!!!

All the best,

Gord

What a nice message, Gord -- thanks for checking in!  Bless you for being proactive and attacking this thing so aggressively!  Hoping your HAs were just post-dose hits and you're on your way to PF status.  We'd recommend getting your oxygen taken care of (apparently you know what was wrong with the system you had), but you know that.  You're "officially" part of the family now, so stick around!

Jerry

wish I wasnt here!! lol

One thing that binds us all is the faith that one day, not so far away, nobody will have to be here.  BOL-148 seems to be on the horizon. Other advances that have been discussed here seem to be progressing.  For now we're stuck with the next-best thing, but soon, maybe . . . .  What a day it would be!  (Re BOL: You might as well go here and sign up--doesn't seem like it could do any harm: http://www.entheogencorp.com/community/

Hey Gord,

Good to have ya here clusterbro!  8-)

Sounds like you could use a serious backup CH fighter or 3 in your arsenal, and I'm agreeing with CHfather that high flow O2 would be something really good to be acquiring right around now. IMO you oughta try rockin' a demand valve system.  8-)

Actually, Zolmig was the greatest triptan that I hadever used.  I requested it again but my previous insurance denied it.  It raised my blood pressure a little but aborted nearly every attack that I threw it at it just 15 minutes.  As soon as you start to feel the drip in your throat. the headache subsides.  but everybody's body chemistry is different so what works for one may not for the other.  This site is great though because it supplies numerous approaches and testimonials for individual cases.  Welcome and good luck.

Zomig works for me just like Brad describes..but I feel like I went 3 rounds with Tyson the next day. my last cycle 12 months ago..I used 02 and zomig. As my attacks were "clockwork" i could use zomig orally in a pill, not the nasal inhaler..and get out in front of it.  I would suffer for 20min at K7-10 and then subside.

Thanks to this site, I started with Red Bull this cycle and it worked for me! I was on holiday, no 02...but the red bull worked! I found some shrooms..had a very pleasant evening, and then the worse attack an hour after going to sleep, that the red bull wouldnt touch! I snorted the zomig after suffering for an hour and half..and it worked in about 20 min. 

The shrooms certainly altered the nature of my beast. the timing of my attacks completely changed, and for the last week I can abort with a strong cup of coffee. I have been able to sleep thru the night the past 4 nights!!!  I have had only 2 morning attacks..a bad one this am..but as I drink coffee when I wake up anyways..i think its just a timing thing! I let it get a hold a little too long this am...and it took 3 cups, some ice on the neck..deep breathing and I aborted after about 30 min. Reached about an 8...  It was a battle of wills..cause it was getting worse..Didnt want to touch the zomig cause I have shrooms..didnt get them till last night and held off, cause I have been getting good sleeps and wanted to see if i was going to have another good night.

I will dose this aft. my thinking is if Im going to get a slapback..i want it when im awake, cause i can get ahead of it  rather than being woken up and the beast has already gained a foothold

Another change I have noticed this week since last dose, is I get a headache each evening..right around the time I was getting attacks, but this one is on the other side and back of my head...not a CH...but a regular HA... I take one advil..and sleep normally. 

I cannot tell you how lucky I feel to have found you guys! We are a team now. I now have strategies that have made this cycle less terrifying  and much more manageable thanks to all of you!! 

The regular HA im experiencing is either just a sign of the beast changing shape..or from eyestrain from reading everything I can on this forum!!!  Both good results!

Thanks everyone!

Gord