The M Word

shaggyparasol

OK, no throwing rotten tomatoes at me for bringing up migraines, but...I get bot CH and migraines and as some of you know, I have beaten my CH back with occasional psilocybe and rc use for the last 4 or 5 years.

The good news is that the clusters are responding well and I only get scattered shadows, no attacks.  My migraines however, seem to be increasing in frequency.  Monthly maybe, and they are almost always triggered by funky lighting like stray bright light bulbs in the corner of my eye or too much glare out a window that will then cause flashy spots in my vision for 5 or 10 minutes followed by a headache. 

I can keep these at a dull roar if I take some aspirin and seek the darkness for a little bit but the small headaches effect my energy level for a day or 2. 

I know we all say that the mushrooms work for migraines, but maybe the migrainers amongst us can lend some additional advice.  Do the mushrooms really work well for migraines? Anybody else controlling their clusters but their migraines seem to be worse?? >:(

The Shaggy ;)

ps, I really do get them both so don't make me go to another website, I like all ya'll and want to stay here.  Bob don't make me leave. :(

I don't have the real knowledge but I have understood that when you have CH your hypothalamus is completely messed up, more with others and less with others. And this condition is for life; people who don't get attacks anymore still have "faulty" hypo in their head and it can be seen in head MRI for the rest of their life. When in pain cycle there's a storm in your hypothalamus and I think this is why mushrooms work so well for clusters. I do not know that much about migraines but I think they differ in this ?

I've had complicated migraines since I was 9. I was having a LOT of them before I ever tried RC seeds, or mushrooms. Sometimes 2 a week, sometimes less, sometimes more. During my period I had them every day of it.

The RC seeds stopped the migraines immediately. When I switched to Vitamin M, it kept them under wraps too. Same with LSD.

So yes, it works for migraines. I'm proof!

Mystina

Dang, Shagster, no rotten tomatoes but that's a rotten surprise that your migraines haven't been busted too.  :(

After seeing CH'ers with migraines such as Mystina, Renee and others report their migraines were the first thing to go upon busting, I was starting to think migraines were practically the easiest thing to give the boot to, but in your case NOOOoooOOoo.  :(

Of course the 'ol D3 regimen thingy is purported to be a good migraine preventative for many, but if I remember correctly you've already tried it?

Wish I knew something you didn't already know - about the only other tidbit I can think of right now is that I know a migraineur who routinely aborts attacks at onset with an energy shot. Um yeah, I doubt that's exactly a new concept to you though.   :-?

Thanks so far everyone.  No tobacco for the shaggy and I have been doing the D3 etc regimen too.

I don't get the migraines when I am outside in the sun, but they happen if I am inside looking into the glare outside or bright lightbulbs in my field of vision.  Since I don't wake up with them (except once last year that destroyed me) I feel like they are initiated by lights that burn into temporary blind/flashy spots in my eyes.  Then 10 or 15 minutes later comes the dull headache pressure.

It sounds like busting doesn't work for everyone so I am wondering if some others still get migraines even though the cluster busting has been working?? :-?

Also possible would be some actual vision issues.  My eyesight is pretty good, but changing a bit (bet I am still 20/20 but who ever knows).  Just feels migrainy to me. >:(

OK thanks everyone, keep the comments coming. :)

--The Shaggy

Well dont beat me up either however, oral ingestion of cannabis works on migraine. Being blessed with both is wonderful isn't it?  ;)  The conflict is cannabis will also trigger cluster attacks. Management of both could include ingestion of cannabis only once the cluster attacks are in remission or under control otherwise. I will no longer ever call cluster attacks headaches..My migraines are headaches. Cluster attacks are not in my opinion. We would never hack on ya for pain Shaggy. Migraines hurt bad. :o

blueballs

Thanks so far everyone.  No tobacco for the shaggy and I have been doing the D3 etc regimen too.

I don't get the migraines when I am outside in the sun, but they happen if I am inside looking into the glare outside or bright lightbulbs in my field of vision.  Since I don't wake up with them (except once last year that destroyed me) I feel like they are initiated by lights that burn into temporary blind/flashy spots in my eyes.  Then 10 or 15 minutes later comes the dull headache pressure.

It sounds like busting doesn't work for everyone so I am wondering if some others still get migraines even though the cluster busting has been working?? :-?

Also possible would be some actual vision issues.  My eyesight is pretty good, but changing a bit (bet I am still 20/20 but who ever knows).  Just feels migrainy to me. >:(

OK thanks everyone, keep the comments coming. :)

--The Shaggy

Get to the eye doctor. There might be something they can do. My pedi-neurologist had 'em put blue filters in my glasses to help prevent migraines. He said that flouresent tubes, the big 'uns flash sometimes...and that it's a definite trigger. The blue was supposed to help.

I dunno if it does, but I've never stopped wearing it.

And I do agree with an energy drink. Those helped with my migraines too.

And I do agree with an energy drink. Those helped with my migraines too.

As a side note, energy drinks make both of our migraines much worse.

Well I now see that just like the CH bucking feast there are no absolute rules for what is good/bad for migraines either. Harumph.  >:(

The Shaggy ;)

ps, I really do get them both so don't make me go to another website, I like all ya'll and want to stay here.  Bob don't make me leave. :(

Shaggy,

No one will ever chase anyone from this site for talking about migraines as long as I'm around.

We all know how difficult it is for us to try to explain how clusters can effect our lives. It's not much, if any, easier for people with bad migraines or any of the other 150+ "invisible" headache disorders.

As different as they may be, there are many neurological similarities. Future research funding will come in the form of grants to study "headache disorders".

Many people here get both clusters and migraines. Many cluster people have supporters that suffer from migraines.

That said, yes many people have good success treating migraines with psychedelics. Most though, use very small doses to do this.

Migraines triggered by optic nerve disturbances are common. driving down a road while the sun breaks thru a tree line......fluorescent tubes (flicker), etc....

Cluster people should be familiar with optic nerve pain.  :(

Excedrin Migraine may work best as it is a stronger dose and has the caffeine to speed its actions. Just like with clusters, the earlier the better.

You may want to try "small" doses of "busting materials". The old SPUT method (Small Piece Under Tongue) right after the Aspirin.

Bob