b.g.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hot are the Braves???

:) :) :)

Hotter than a fox in a forest fire!

But ..... they roll into Detroit for 3 games starting next Friday.  We just stopped the A's 9 game win streak by pounding the poop out of them 2 nights in a row, and the fire hoses are being rolled out right now to water down the Braves as well :)

The Braves are 12-2 and 4 games ahead of the Nats already.  That's just insane.

Well, it's waaay early, but I am loving the way they have come out of the gate.

CH permitting I will be there for at least 1 of the games next weekend, and hopefully 2 of them.  I don't get to see the Braves play the Tigers too often :)

As usual I'm a day late and a dollar short, got to vegas and checked with the sports book. Rockies were 80-1 to win the series out of the gate as of April 1st and being 5-4 (Giants killed us). They are now 40-1  CRAP still dropped a dime on them.

Hope somebody knocks the Braves out of the playoffs before we see them, Their SMOKIN HOT

Rockies 4games / Tigers 3games World Series results

Big Tigers fan here too b.g.  I grew up in Detroit and have since relocated to Iowa but my sports allegiances are all aligned with my childhood memories.  

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Heck yeah!!  I literally LIVE  for Tigers baseball.

Not too keen on Valverde making his return to the team tonight ...... but we will see.

We (the fans) successfully booed Brandan Inge off the team 2 years ago .... if Papa Grande doesn't have his poop in a group he will be the next one on our hit list :)

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Heck yeah!!  I literally LIVE  for Tigers baseball.

Not too keen on Valverde making his return to the team tonight ...... but we will see.

We (the fans) successfully booed Brandan Inge off the team 2 years ago .... if Papa Grande doesn't have his poop in a group he will be the next one on our hit list :)

We could talk Tigers baseball all day.  Ah the Big Potato.  I don't know.  Pitchers are head cases, especially Valverde.  I am not excited that we couldn't find a better option this off season but I don't see why he could return to form this year.  I am confident that Leyland will keep him on a shorter leash this time around which is a good idea but I am optimistic that he will be serviceable this year.   

I am much more concerned about our 5th starter/long reliever spot.  Porcello just cant seem to catch a break but if they choose to move Smyly up I worry about that long relief position. 

Well, Papa Grande got the job done.  For his sake, I am glad.  It would have been murder if he blew his first save opportunity.  I sure hope you are right about the extra short leash.

I like Smyly.  That poor kid.  We have stuck him into some of the ugliest spots this year and he has come through in FINE FASHION every time.  "here kid, we are down by 10 runs, you take the ball".

I have a feeling we will pick up another arm just before the All-Star break.  Illitch is going all out.

It's nice to see the bottom of the order picking up a little lately.  Infante is on fire.  Too bad some of that won't rub off onto Dirks.  If he doesn't pick it up soon, I am all for bringing Quintin Berry back up to the big club.  I live about 40 minutes from Toledo and get the Mud Hens games on the t.v. every now and then.  He's been looking pretty good. 

Gonna be an interesting season.

He looked sharp.  I hope it is a sign that his head is in the right spot again. 

I liked Berry last year but his bat has got to improve.  I would love to have him back if he can just hit for .250.  Thats all I ask of a guy like that. 

Please do but when you say something to Coke be sure to duck really quickly.  He seems like the type to take a swing at someone giving him some lip. 

Rondon makes me nervous.  I just dont think he is ready.  Looks as if the bullpen is going to be a roller coaster ride this year.  Makes me even more anxious about Smyly leaving the pen. 

I hope they wake up for the Braves.  I am green with envy.  I wish I was closer to Detroit so I could take in a few games a year.  Ive only been to Comerica once (last year v. Minnesota) and it was beautiful.  Most of my memories are from Michigan and Trumbull. 

Oh yes.  Comerica is so beautiful.  Like you, the majority of my memories are from "the corner" ... but I do have quite a few from the new park.  I was a partial season ticket holder for the past 3 years, but I had to let it go this year.  I still plan to make at least 20 games this year though.

My dad used to take my brother and I to games many times a year as kids (the 80's), but since we have grown he hasn't made it to a single game.  3 years ago I took him to Comerica for his first visit.  July 4th, against the much hated Indians, military flyover, veteran recognition during the game (dad is a vet), I spent 2 hours before the game walking him around the stadium, the Tigers won ........ it was the perfect day, and a perfect "thank you" to him for taking me to all those games as a kid.

I was there for the entire playoff run last year ... and I was there for game 4 of the series too.  freezing cold, raining, and the Giants danced on our mound ...... bad bad day .... you can hear my thoughts at about the 38 second mark in this video :)

That was tough to watch again.  My reaction was essentailly the same. 

It is still really early but I would really like to see the Tigers win this series.  Even if it was just a warning shot to the rest of the league that they are going to compete with the best. 

Have fun today!  Go Tigers!

How hot are the Braves???

:) :) :)

WHO??

I'm sorry, does Atlanta have a baseball team?  :-?

I won't gloat too much because one game doesn't make a series ..... but WOW....   :o

Let's break down my night at the park :)   :D

The hitting display tonight was biblical.  I heard the crack of the bat more tonight than I have in a LOOONG time.  Offense galore in the "D" on this April evening.  Did we have 15 hits tonight??

That 10-0 final score honestly felt like it was 50-0.

The first big game of Tui's career.  5 rbi's and a bomb homer ... that's "raking" right there.

The first domination by Rondone .... he hit 101mph on the stadium scoreboard. (that pre-game stern sermon must have worked.  I was spewing some hellfire and brimstone type material at the bullpen)

Oh yeah ..... Anibal with 17 k's???  :)

They say that's the most strikeouts by a Detroit Tigers starter in a 9 inning game ..... ever.  Like ever..... 110 years.

In hindsight ...... I say Skip sends the kid back out for the 9th and give him a shot at the modern record of 20 ..... he earned it.  That boy worked like an abused ox tonight.  This wasn't the Marlins lineup .... this was the friggin' Braves.  Upton, Uggla, Gattis ....

Seventeen strikeouts?  Did that really just happen??

All fun aside ....... it's nights like this that make life incredible.

That was amazing.  What a game to actually be at.  Yeah it was just one game very early in the season but that was domination.  They really woke up for the challenge. 

You already said everything about the game but I just cannot get over Anibal Sanchez's 17 Ks.  Amazing!

My Reds are going to the World Series this year!

iHope!

As an Ohio boy, I would love to see the Reds do well. 

All aboard the Choo Train!!

It's still very early in the season.

Your Braves are hangin' tough.  Still 2 games up on the Nat's. 

Speaking of the Nat's..... the Tigers will be in our nations capital to lay down the law in a 2 game series starting Tuesday.  :)

White Sox fan here.  Disappointing start to the season. 

I dug these up just for you.  From my 2 game trip to U.S. Cellular last May :)

2012-05-15_10-37-13_847_zpsf3eb037b.jpg

2012-05-14_18-39-20_791_zps9f66d68d.jpg

2012-05-15_11-39-45_693_zpsdde16565.jpg

2012-05-15_12-03-27_753_zps7e50bdc7.jpg

2012-05-15_15-50-54_681_zps401cc0f6.jpg

2012-05-15_16-54-56_709_zps441c196c.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0177_zps6f0f7d13.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0180_zps0050088d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've never felt more like a junkie before.  Gave myself a shot in the bathroom stall at Comerica Park the other day.  :(

Dirty, loud, and obnoxious happening all around me ..... and there I am huddled in a ball on the toilet digging my trex kit out of my pocket.

huddled in a ball on the toilet digging my trex kit out of my pocket.

Those moments are so special!! :P

Reminds me of when I had to ask to use the bathroom in a small pharmacy so I could quickly jab meself in the leg with freshly purchased trex after having completely run out. The unique part was that this was not so much a pharmacy, but a farmacia, in TIJUANA.

(I lived in san Diego at the time, and it was more economical to pop over the border for med$).

Oh well at least that bathroom was actually clean, so you still got me beat b.g.  :P