O2, useless. Why?

tingeling

Hi  :)

I had some effect from O2 before. Not very good but some effect. I really had to maintan the effect, that means i needed to use it several times a day a couple of days before it started to do some work. I have a OnDemand valve and i empty a 3l tank in 8 min easily. I also got big 20l but the pressure works better in the smaller tanks. I tried every breathing techinque i know of and been recommended, it`s not the issue i believe. Now it`s useless. I have been doing heavy cardio excercise daily for a couple of months, i did allot of cardio before, but not like i did now.

What is the problem here? Why is it like this? Can anyone enlighten me i will appreciate it allot. The only way i can have it to work some is to go and have a cigarette and go directly to the tank and huff. That is not healthy and nothing i like to do, cause i stopped smoking and of course i am not willing to start again.

Can anyone help me?

PFW from me

Tingeling

Noooo.....don't go back to smoking.  I quit after 16 years of it, as well.  I'm sorry that you having a tough time and I'm boggled as much as you about your dilemma.  I wonder if it maybe it could be a gas exchange issue pertaining to your iron intake and hemoglobin transport.  Not totally sure, but maybe something to look into. Positive thoughts are being sent your way! :) :) ;) ;) :) :) 8-)

I used to do this too - when I would get a hit I would go out to cold air and breath and couldn't like get a rhythm down then I would chain smoke and that would get that rhythm I was looking for, I found that it was the exhaling (Through the nose most of the time) that was why it helped. I stopped smoking years ago and this cycle I almost bought some but also learned that sometimes it would make them last longer or more intense. I have actually used a straw and simulated smoking before and it sort of helped, but I found that a fast paced walk and breathing out of the nose and taking air in through the nose works as long as your heart rate is up and your breathing pretty good, I also found that the colder the air is outside the better for me. The last major cycle I was in I lost a bunch of weight from the non-stop fast paced walks - my dog lost some too...

sorry it inst working for you.

Hey Ting.

I think the guys above may have a clue.. I'm no O2 expert and I may be completely wrong but I think it may be the cardio. Doing heavy exercise results in saturating your tissues with Oxygen and accompanying capillary dilation and this state persists. O2 works as an abortive because non-worked muscle doesn't need the extra oxygen and it results in vascular constriction, cutting off the inflammation response. That could be why smoking first (vasoconstrictor) helps the huffing along if your capillaries are naturally dilated. Cold air does the same thing as it pulls energy from your periphery to heat your core to warm the air, and at the same time it causes capillary constriction reducing inflammation in the palate and sinuses.

It is just a thought, but perhaps you might try suspending the heavy exercise for a bit and see if that makes a difference. Hope you feel better.

For me heavy cardio, or heavy exercise in general work in a positive way. When i`m in high cycle f ex the only pf time i get is during a workout. I think what Les mentioned here about the tissue being saturated with O2 sounds and feels right. If i do not do workouts i get ill . One day is fine, two days i start to feel crap and then the third day i get worse and worse. And that tells something about bodies O2 levels and how it effects head in my opinion. I always did cardio and lately i have been getting great results from the workouts. I found the most effective form for me, CrossFit. Lately i have hardly busted, cause it seems like it starts to loose it`s effect for real, first it was the shrooms and now the seeds. LSD i developed allergic reactions agains, i get  angio edema and breathing dificulties, same thing started with the shrooms actually. So i`m doing a break from the seeds. Also the seeds seems to affect the lunges in a way, i`m a bit worried about that. But i haven`t had a high kip in months. I had a constant pain on the opposite side from my usual CH side for some weeks. But after doing Russian Root i`m good. But this O2 thing interests me, and i really wonder what there is to do about it. I manage fine without it but it would be easier to have it working of course :)

Nicotine is a vaso-constrictor. Maybe that has something to do with it. Have you considered an e-cigarette?

Yes it is, have been thinking of that. What is an E cig? Is it what Pegg walked around with at the con?

cal/mag/zinc thing 

Tried that as well. Thank you B  :)

I just wonder about this. I tried figure it out for awhile, but no doc`s can answer me. But it seems to me the healthier you live and use your body more difficult the o2 treatment gets.

Thank you all :)

Just a reminder ( I and not a licensed expert [Yet], but I am working on it.)

It could be limiting your hemo/myoglobin development, in turn, affecting your O2 transport.  Foods like beans and meats carry good amounts of this, peculiar mineral. 

The RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) for the average adult female of 18 or older, is set at 18mg.  Yet, the body can absorb it  easier from meat, rather than plant sources. 

Hang in there Ting, because with all of our great minds together, one way or the other, we will eventually get to the bottom of it.

Because that's how we roll!!!

You are welcome.  I would suggest seeing a your doctor or a licensed nutritionist to find out if you are deficient and if supplements are necessary. I could be wrong but off of the top of my head that is where I would say to start. (Process of elimination).  I also, think it could tie in conjunction with Les's statement about the high amounts of cardio because you tend to lose trace amounts iron and other minerals through sweat including: potassium, copper, zinc, magnesium, sodium and calcium. 

ahh,...ok.  Just bare with me, for my in-depth researching is fairly new and initiated through some of the great minds from this sight. I'm wondering, though, if directly after you work out (momentary) and leech out those elements that your unsuccessful o2 treatment is before you replenish your reserves.   Also, low amounts of molybdenum is known to limit your body's processing of iron.  I can only imagine the frustration of grabbing that mask with confidence and then not get any results.  I always remembered that, through my years of painting houses in the summer and after sweating all day; working really hard, I was usually guaranteed a visit by the Beast towards the end of the day.  Especially on the hotter days. 

Hang in there Ting, because with all of our great minds together, one way or the other, we will eventually get to the bottom of it.

Because that's how we roll!!!

Oh I love that idea ;)

all the best to all the best

thebb 8-)