Dreams

bubblesup

Bubbles,

I always get crazy dreams a few weeks before my CH starts.  Has done it since I remember my CH starting.  By crazy I mean REALLY bad / crazy dreams.  I've heard not many but a few others experience the same thing.

I use dreams as a gage as to when my CH is coming back.  Thus far it's been 100% reliable indicator the beast is coming.

Jeff

Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams.

When in cycle, I often wake to my night time CH attacks as I'm dreaming... of someone drilling my head or some crazy thing like this.

Dreams mostly come in the REM part of sleep, I read on Wikipedia, saying also that: "During a normal night of sleep, humans usually experience about four or five periods of REM sleep"

...and we clusterheads experience 4 to 5 attacks a night. Does that mean we get attacks as we plunge into REM?

It seems CHs cause some changes in your head, or, some changes in your head cause CHs. For the first 59 years of my life it was rare as hens teeth for me to recall a dream. When I started getting the headaches every hour and a half at night it was during an intense dream. Immediately jump out of bed and suffer.

Since busting with LSA, things have greatly improved, to put it mildly. I still get the dreams even without the HAs. They're not a problem, kinda like a bonus life I guess. I find dream recall an interesting experience, but something in my head has definitely changed. 

REM: Does anyone remember the sleep deprivation studies done in the 60's and 70's? Ok, I'm old and I do. ::)

Without sufficient REM you get a bit nuts!!!! Some will go a LOT nuts. We need it and without it our personality tends to change.

Yeah, I get hit at the start of REM. The more deprived you are of REM, the sooner it starts after falling asleep. So, the longer this $hit goes on, the quicker it hits after falling asleep!!!!!! For some, EVERY time you fall asleep.

So, when in the 4 per night phase, I sleep in a 'barca-lounger' that belongs to my husband. No lying down at all. The only way I get any sleep.

Dreams would be welcome and hopefully will come soon. :)

Sucks, doesn't it? >:(

I've never really noticed much of a correlation with my clusters and my dreams...but here's a couple of cool dream facts...

Indigenous Mexicans have what they call the "dream herb" (also know as Calea Zacatechichi), to help them have more vivid, lucid dreams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calea_zacatechichi

And both LSD and marijuana are known to help with lucid dreaming as well...Marijuana is well known for it's ability to stop you from remembering your dreams at all, and making them less vivid and real.  (A good thing for people with nightmares)  Less well known about it is that if you smoke it pretty heavy for a week or so, then stop, quite frequently you will have very strong lucid dreams.

-Ricardo

Marijuana is well known for it's ability to stop you from remembering your dreams at all, and making them less vivid and real.(A good thing for people with nightmares)Less well known about it is that if you smoke it pretty heavy for a week or so, then stop, quite frequently you will have very strong lucid dreams.

Wow, I didn't know that. I'll try it out some time ;-)

Funny, I sleep sitting up also.  I learned years ago it seemed to lessen the pain for some reason.

Amazing... same here

REM: Does anyone remember the sleep deprivation studies done in the 60's and 70's? Ok, I'm old and I do.

Without sufficient REM you get a bit nuts!!!! Some will go a LOT nuts. We need it and without it our personality tends to change.

Yeah, I get hit at the start of REM. The more deprived you are of REM, the sooner it starts after falling asleep. So, the longer this $hit goes on, the quicker it hits after falling asleep!!!!!! 

Yep, I remember reading about that. Amazing again... same here... get a bit nuts, starts sooner...