Getting hit while driving...

kymera_gr7

I've found gasoline is a major trigger for me. It triggers me so severely that at gas stations, when our minivan is off, we do NOT roll down the windows.

I'm in Southeast Texas. I'm heat sensitive, and the heat is another trigger for my allergies. But I have a choice. Have a horrid fecking hit that'll definitely close my throat up, or be hot for a few minutes and hope the heat doesn't close my throat up.

Not when your horse is a jerk and likes to ram you against the arena or round pen walls LOL

Oh. I had this image of horse riding where you're galloping full speed on a path through a golden meadow, the horse's mane flowing in the wind as you throw your head back and exclaim YEEE-fecking-HAWWW!! while the orchestra hits a rousing crescendo. Hmm I guess my horse riding knowledge is mostly gained from watching movies.  :D

Diesel and aviation fuel both give me the worst CHs. I never take the recirculation off in my car, a Honda, which I bought in part because it has a double air filter system. My daughter is still complaining 30 years later because when I took her to Disneyworld, waiting on the bus to go from our hotel to the park gave me one of the worst headaches I've ever had, so we had to go back to the room.

Pixie - move! I've lived in Texas, if you are heat sensitive, you are so living in the wrong place. Come to England, we don't suffer from heat here. LOL

kymera, buy yourself one of those face mask filter things, and wear it as you drive back into the city. Then, when home, hopefully you'll adjust to the air polution more slowly, not being on the road and surrounded by cars, and if you do have a cluster, at least you won't be driving.

I hate hits when I'm driving, and I do a lot of driving. As mine are often moderately mild, and short, I can sometimes keep driving through it. But often have to find a place to pull over for 20 minutes. They are definitely the 2nd worst time to get hit in my opinion.

I'm sensitive to cold, and a sudden shock of cold, like someone trying to be funny and put ice down my back, will trigger an attack.

MG (aka Renée)

Oh. I had this image of horse riding where you're galloping full speed on a path through a golden meadow, the horse's mane flowing in the wind as you throw your head back and exclaim YEEE-fecking-HAWWW!! while the orchestra hits a rousing crescendo. Hmm I guess my horse riding knowledge is mostly gained from watching movies.  

Well I will say this... Me and Rory are typical Texans. We have horses and guns. LOL If that paints a media style portrait for you, then my work here is complete Jeebs :P

Pixie - move! I've lived in Texas, if you are heat sensitive, you are so living in the wrong place. Come to England, we don't suffer from heat here. LOL

kymera, buy yourself one of those face mask filter things, and wear it as you drive back into the city. Then, when home, hopefully you'll adjust to the air polution more slowly, not being on the road and surrounded by cars, and if you do have a cluster, at least you won't be driving.

You of all people should know if you have a complaint about the weather in Texas, to just wait a minute. :P I lived in Phoenix AZ for a number of years and I have come to enjoy the heat and loathe the cold (which use to be opposite)

And if you're referring to a respirator, that's awfully clumsy and dangerous to do. Anything with a filter isn't really good enough IMHO. I use to be a house painter and we used those masks with the plastic faceplate and the little replaceable micro-filters to keep paint spray dust, solvents, and other things out. Junk still gets through and they fog really bad :\

Of course nobody ever said using Dilaudid and/or trying to smoke a bowl while driving was any smarter... LMAO  8-)

On living in Texas... I've lived here my whole life. It wasn't until I got sick with the IIH that I became heat sensitive. Kinda pisses me off to be honest because I considered myself a sun child. I loved the Summer, and the Winter never bothered me.

Now my shunt hates the Winter, and the rest of my body hates the Summer. We keep air conditioning on year round and my whole family knows... I get too hot, I will start puking, and it does not stop easily. Do they REALLY want to risk me projectile vomiting all the feck over? No.  :D

And if you're referring to a respirator, that's awfully clumsy and dangerous to do. Anything with a filter isn't really good enough IMHO. I use to be a house painter and we used those masks with the plastic faceplate and the little replaceable micro-filters to keep paint spray dust, solvents, and other things out. Junk still gets through and they fog really bad :\

Actually, respirator was the wrong word. Brain still has not recovered from surgery, LOL.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MedicalDental-3NMK2?cm_mmc=PPC:GooglePLA-_-Safety-_-Respiratory-_-3NMK2&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=3NMK2&gclid=COa2m6XH9a4CFeRdTAodtE86IA

They're hot, and a pain in the ass to breathe through, but I remember as a small child using them sometimes to prevent pollution on the schoolbus from screwing with my asthma. Don't remember if it helped or not.

You of all people should know if you have a complaint about the weather in Texas, to just wait a minute. :P I lived in Phoenix AZ for a number of years and I have come to enjoy the heat and loathe the cold (which use to be opposite)

You know, I've lived in a LOT of places, Iowa, Arkansas, Texas, North Dakota, Honduras, England... get the idea. Everywhere I go, the locals all say 'if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.' The only place I have found this to be consistently true is in England.

When I lived here the first time, one day I sat at my drafting table and I watched it snow until it turned the ground white. Then the sun came out, it melted till the pavement was dry, then it rained, and hailed, snowed again, melted, snowed, rained....etc. Each change was a complete stop of one event with a break, then the start of another.

This was all between 8am and noon!

In Texas, Iowa, etc., when the weather changes on short notice, 1. You can usually see it coming from miles away. And 2. It might go from hot to warm to cool. Or sunny to cloudy to rain, and then rain ALL DAY. But generally, when the weather man says there will be sunshine for the next 3 days, there will be sunshine for the next 3 days.

Not so much in England. In England, you always have an umbrella in the car, and take a jacket along, just in case. Because you may look out the window to a beautiful, warm, sunny day. But by the time you walk down the stairs and out the door, it could be pouring down with rain and cold.

I know, I've harped on too long. Sorry. But that saying (used anywhere but in England) is a pet peeve of mine. LOL

MG

I lived north of Dallas a few years. I never got used to the weather which could go from 20F to 90F in one day--I am not guilty of hyperbole here!  I had been in Texas less than a month in 1980, a heat wave was in full force and I got sun stroke. I wasn't tolerant of heat before, coming from northern climes, but after that I have zip tolerance. Heat is one thing guaranteed to give me a very "sick headache" as we used to call them. My son lives there and he says the weather getting even more peculiar.  :o

We have horses and guns. LOL If that paints a media style portrait for you, then my work here is complete Jeebs 

OK now I'm picturing you galloping through the scrub brush with the black hat and a holster with six shooters.  ;D ;D

I'm not sure what to even say anymore.... LOL

Sorry, didn't mean to come across so strong. People often say the Brits love to talk about the weather all the time. But that is because the weather here is so interesting to talk about and is always changing. Everyone thinks their weather is variable, but till you've lived here, you really don't know what variable is.

MG