My latest payoff from NatGeo

Hipshot

Hi Dan!

I just wanna thank u for the national geographic episode.. I'm 30 year-old ch-patient from Finland and u r the first fellow person that I'v heard talking about cluster/horton.. In Finland there is about 5milj. people and I never met someone with ch and doctors are just learning this ch here, so nobody haven't been able to help me or tell me anything about this.. instead, I'v been like a guinea pig to doctors last 15-years. Anyway when I spot u on tv I felt somehow relieved just to know that there are fellows around the world and I'm not alone with this. Thank you very much for what you've given.. May sound funny just to thank u for beeing on tv but it made a difference, gave me a motivation to carry on! Thanks to your lady too, I understand that she found the MagicMushroom for u..! (;

All the best! T:Jarno Passi from Suomi Finland, Lahti

THIS KIND OF PM MAKES ME VERY HAPPY, DAN :) :) :)

IP Logged

And this is just one of those that took the time to write.  Dan, there is just no telling how many people's lives you have touched my friend!  I know I speak for everyone of us when I say, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your unselfish contributions!"

Bob Bowling

What Bob said. Exactly. to the letter.  :)

Seems we hear from a disproportionate amount of Finns with CH. Maybe not because they have a higher prevalence of CH, but because about 95% of their population is online and high speed internet is an actual legal right there....?

Dan, I'm sure you encouraged Mr. Passi to come here to meet more people with CH.  But I also remember that a frequent poster here, Tony Only, is Finnish and is an administrator of a Facebook CH site that is partly in Finnish.  Also, as I recall, Salander (also Finnish) is very active at that site.  So he might want to tune in there.  This is the URL: https://www.facebook.com/groups/385160354828914/

He could also come here and PM Tony Only or Salander.  There was another person from Finland, Panu, who was active here for a while, and of course the wonderful Tingeling is not far away.

I haven't really realized how many Fin's have been on the board.

I don't know how this guy found me, but I am always really happy to hear from people like him.

I have never seen someone on a documentary and tried to contact them. It says a lot about  people in our headache family that take the time and effort to find me.

I hope you all have a really nice and pain free day

Dan

I've set "google alerts" for clusters, if it's mentioned in any news article or blog site, I get an alert.  I average a dozen or so alerts per week.  You would not believe the number of weird & specialized sites, lol.  Gamers, Gardeners, Cartoonists....dancers (belly dancers, if I remember correctly) and they all have their personal forums.

I become a member, get a user name create a password and try to answer the "alert".  Dan, you would not believe the number of times I've seen the  NatGeo special referenced by another CH aware person.  I'm always trying to see if I know them some how from any other site, like facebook.  I rarely do.  Interestingly, many aren't patients themselves.  They come right out and say so in their post.  "Wow, those suck.  I saw this documentary on NatGeo......., you should google it" or "psilocybin works, I saw it on NatGeo".

Always thrills me to read this kind of awareness or at least association as a resource for help. 

I brush my hands together and say, "Thank you Dan & Lee Ann my work here is done!"  LOL  Hope your getting the Thank you vibes!

;D

Awesome ! Not a familiar name to me though and I consider I know most of the finns who have CH and spend time online.

I want to personally THANK Dan too for telling his story for National Geographic. No matter how much I have spoken or written, it is documentaries like this one that really turn heads and get attention.

NatGeo was aired on finnish TV and I did my very best to make sure as many CH folks would see it as possible, advertised it on finnish CH sites (well on those which would publish my posts, since you still can not talk about alternatives here), even on "magic mushroom" sites for recreational users. Just to get the word around.

I have often thought there is a lot of CH sufferers in Finlandia. Maybe it is our genes? We also (still) have pretty high suicide rate though it has improved for the better but maybe there is a link, via body-emotion-stress kind of thing.

Since the discussion about alternative treatments is more or less forbidden here this creates the current situation; when someone finds relief from let's say psychedelics he "keeps it to him/herself" and disappears from finnish CH communities. Only people using pharmaceuticals talking with each other.

Gladly, via our FB group, this has changed a lot. So, Dan, if you would be so kind and pass our address to Jarno, that would be great. We are at http://www.facebook.com/groups/ch.naturals/

Everyone here is welcome as well since we use english in our group too.

Thumbs up for Dan for sharing your story and showing a great example

:)

MOD: Oh, CHFather had already linked, Thank You mate. jussi is also finnish and there are others but I can't recall the user names since they don't post often. Language seems to be a big barrier over here (as you can probably see from my english)

Dan,

I'll take the time to write too.

My best friend and house mate is very supportive of any attempt I can take to stopping clusters. Her mother had Tirgeminal Neuralgia, so she has a pretty good idea what I'm going through.

She had a pretty good understanding of things, but a few weeks ago I showed her the NatGeo video, and her eyes were REALLY opened. She asked a lot of questions I kinda assumed she knew, but obviously didn't.

I sometimes lull back into life, and just accept my clusters are as good as they are going to get. But she's now always nagging me (in a good way) to try seeds again, or why haven't I taken shrooms lately?

The video really helped, thank you. Also, she was pretty impressed that I know you (in a way anyway).

xx MG

I have been away from the board for a while.

I GOT MY DAUGHTER MARRIED OFF!

Lee Ann and I will have a nice raise this year ;D

Thanks everyone, you guys are the best.

I will pass the facebook site To Jarno.

Cindy, thank you for being so sweet.

Moxie, we will meet one day, I'm thinking...CHICAGO