groovy tunes

johnny

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Beethoven symph NO. 9 is the sound of my life, living with the beast. As we battle, but in the end wins a certain amount of control over our lives back, by doing the "opposite."

Wow, totally agree with that analogy!  Beethoven Rocks!  I really dig his music!  Its funny, no one would ever peg me as a Beethoven admirer, i totally dig him more than any of the other composers, just feel connected to his music.  Maybe its cuz i'm a lil crazy too!   ;)

Beethoven admirer,

Bach is good too.

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. Originally played on an organ. Transcribed by Leo Kottke to guitar.

Took me about 3 months to learn. It's one of those pieces of music which fills me full of emotion...Timeless.

Not me playing this, but a party piece of mine now.

Enjoy.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rGvF5WJioY&feature=related 

Bach

Bach, i love listening to Bach. He has this thing in his music, it touches every part of your brain. It floates around, like a butterfly, flying, floating between our two parts. Activates emotions and memories where it touch with it`s wings. Light and senses, is what Bach is to me.

no one would ever peg me as a Beethoven admirer

LOL ;D you should have seen me......  ;D ;D ;D Not in a hundred years you would picked me from looks, out from music selection.... Never, i promise ;D

And that is actually so funny, to experience how people treat you, from your looks!!! Very funny ;D

Schubert is nice, i really love Tchaikovsky. But you know, it depends :)

a little mix from Tchaikovsky, wait for the overture :)

i love that kinda stuff denny. i've often thought of guys like gram parsons as pioneers.

heres some other stuff i like

its hard to find other people that identify with this kinda stuff. 

Hey Johnny,

Missed this post earlier.....these are all great cuts and favorites of mine as well...this is another of my picks from that era....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNtmp43C5yg

DD

oh yeah man. down by the river. a long time favorite of mine.

i like alot of stuff from Niel young. im a big fan of waylon jennings too

looking back as a kid i can't really remember anyone turning me on to kinda music. i kinda picked it up on my own. glad to find another clusterhead that can identify with my taste in music :)

Gram was a big influence on me and my band. We cover "Return of The Grievous Angel"

man thats another good one. thats one of the songs i liked to play in the truck. i often thought songs like these were the soundtrack of america as i rolled down the highway observing my surroundings as they went by. funny the things that keep you company as you spend time by yourself with music to entertain your imagination.   

Some really good tunes here! I hadn't thought of the FBB in ages! The music I really enjoy the most is the polar opposite to all these posts so far. I will post a stellar example of my favorite music, but I doubt anyone will enjoy it as much as I do. I was a young'n when this stuff hit big time, so it's stuck in me like nothing else can.

Slayer "Seasons in the Abyss"

I like a wide range of music. Classic is both close to f ex trance and metal.

Slayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG7ErEkC6jk

Megadeth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZemYl9lWqk

Wow! Both awesome tracks! Dead Skin Mask is definitely classic. Saw them on tour last summer for the 3rd time. First time was in 1986 South of Heaven. Just saw Megadeth earlier this year on the R.I.P. anniversary tour with Exodus and Testament. One awesome show. Glad to hear there's another metal head in this nasty CH world. rock on \m/