n00b. Where do I start?

cakelady

Where do I start? Had these things for 38 years. Just can't deal with the meds anymore. i have been aware of busters for years from CH.com but am just now ready to give busting a try.

Someone please, point me in a direction

Hello CLady,

Have a good read around some of the positive busting story's.

You will then be better placed to make a rational decision as to the best way forward for you.

In the mean time.

Welcome to the forum.

CArl...

Hi Cakelady,

I've been following your posts on CH.com as well........sorry the beast is back in your life!! 

Since I know from those posts that you're not using O2 therapy, I would urge you to get that in place prior to tryin "alt meds"!!!!  In the mean time, as others have said, read the clusterbusters warning and the mushroom and LSA FAQ's in the Clusterbusters Files secton of the board.....then if you have specific questions someone here will be able to answer them for you!!

Welcome to the community!!

Sending PF thoughts and wishes your way!!!

Dallas Denny

CL,

Ditto Dallas Denny, read, read, read, and get 02. We have many who have been down the route who will be here to help once you feel you are ready to detox from any meds you may be on. This is not an easy road but it is a worthwhile endeavor and a life changer for may of us. I will keep an eye out for your posts and jump in when I think i can help.

David

Hey there Cakelady. I am able to hold the CH attacks down to almost nothing with psilocybes and caffeine, no oxygen.  So while I agree with our esteemed buster collegues that oxygen is helpful and a game-changer, you can also do it without if you accept the sneakers that make it through.

Best case would be to have your busting meds (seeds, mushrooms etc) and oxygen and caffeine.  If you don't or can't, just go without.  Middle of the cycle, which I think is your case, it will take several weeks to really bust it.  Which means you will still be in your normal amount of pain.  Hopefully it will diminish as the weeks go on.  When you get your technique down you should be able to avoid your cycle totally, without the attacks.

This cycle may be over by the time you get your seeds/fungus, take several doses 5-7 days apart and get the results.  Some people feel the effect on their first dose, but not typical.  So do the best you can this cycle and then gear up for the next one a year or two down the road. :)

Seeds seem to be the easiest to get unless you have access to psilocybes.  Mushrooms are stronger for most people, should work faster.  In my neck of the woods the mushrooms are out in the fall, so it would be hard to get them now.  Seeds you can mail order, be there soon, busting in a few days.

Good luck! ;)

--Shaggy :D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Thanks Denny for the point in the next direction.

There won't be much of an issue with detox. the only thing I have taken since the cycle began is melatonin and since that's not working I'm off it now too.

I have gutted through the pain with these thing so many times in the past that, sad as it sounds, I'm kind of used to it. Not saying that it makes me happy, just that I know that I can do it. I started getting them at 13 and wasn't diagnosed until 21. Didn't find a Doc that knew what the hell he was doing for many years after that.

O2. When i first started using it it worked OK. The last time I used it wasn't as successful. It never actually aborted a headache, just made them a bit more bearable. So why bother.

Like everyone else here, I have tried damn near everything. I guess this is what's left.

Just hoping and praying that when this cycle is over I get blessed with another long remission.

Cake lady, Wishing you well. All I know is that after having these for 30years the rc seeds have made this quite a short cycle. They came back after 6 years on June 27th, I found this forum July 5 and began busting the following week and it's working. I haven't had a full blown ch for weeks.

Pain free thoughts and prayers, Carole

O2. When i first started using it it worked OK. The last time I used it wasn't as successful. It never actually aborted a headache, just made them a bit more bearable. So why bother.

Out of curiosity what was the flow rate and type of mask you were using? Most of us need at least 15lpm with a non re breather mask for any relief.

Jeez guys, i keep getting that question and Hell, I can't remember. that was at least 5 years ago. It was insanely high, I was involved with CH.com at the time and knew the rates and the mask type.

At the moment I'm getting by. I'm into my 3rd week and in truth, this cycle isn't as powerful as some(most) I have been though. Whether or not that is due to the fact that for once I am not medicating it AT ALL i don't know.

I came back to the boards and now joined this one to see if anything new had popped up on the horizon during my remission.

The only thing new I have seen is taurine. I'm giving that a go and it did bring a hit up short yesterday afternoon. Whether or not it was the reason that for the first night in a week and a half that I slept through the night, again, I don't know. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

For now I am here to read and learn. and yes, I know all about O2

Jeez guys, i keep getting that question and Hell, I can't remember. that was at least 5 years ago. It was insanely high, I was involved with CH.com at the time and knew the rates and the mask type.

The only thing new I have seen is taurine. I'm giving that a go and it did bring a hit up short yesterday afternoon. Whether or not it was the reason that for the first night in a week and a half that I slept through the night, again, I don't know. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

For now I am here to read and learn. and yes, I know all about O2

Got you, I promise no more 02 talk from me :), any questions on busting with RC seeds let me know.

David