Just to put it in perspective

Pebblesthecorgi

Personally I am not really into trying to compare pain or trying to "one up" others in the suffering department but this may help some vindicate themselves or at least give perspective when dealing with insensitive partners, colleagues and other riff raff.    https://www.mylondon.news/news/health/nhs-pain-most-painful-conditions-15701223?fbclid=IwAR2zqmTNLdESNWJcLH5nM3yZAz6tqEsXQ0ezoQ6Tm2e03khiXiYeTpe-Lkk

• Like 1

....very interesting, thank you....

....I never fully comprehended subjectivity until my sister-in-law eschewed ketchup on her fries as  " too SPICY!!!!"....

.... remarkably (to me) I've experienced 8 of the 20....the only one that even approached CH was gout.....and I mean DAYUM!!!!

... surprised not to see burns on the list....most of us know how bad even a small one is......

Edited by jon019

I have had gout and kidney stones and yes they hurt like all get out.  Clusters are in a class of their own.  More frequent, unrelenting, narcotics, alcohol and NSAID don't help and there is no understanding of WTF is going on.  Unfortunately clusters train you to not look like you are hurting so when something treatable attacks you dont look like you are in pain and delivering care slows

1 - Cluster headachesOne Bio-Tech D3-50/week plus all the cofactors prevents my CCH completely

2 – Shingles – A 50,000 IU dose of vitamin D3 stopped vericella zoster and its pain overnight. Continued dosing at 50,000 IU/day plus the cofactors for 3 more days prevented its spread, postherpetic neuralgia and rash.  PCP amazed.

20 - Pain after surgery – I loaded vitamin D3 at one Bio-Tech D3-50/day plus cofactors and extra magnesium for a week prior to abdominal surgery. Came off pain meds 24 hrs after surgery.  Restarted vitamin D3 at one Bio-Tech D3-50 plus cofactors 2nd day after surgery.  Minimal pain and rapid wound healing surprised my surgeon when he removed the staples.

I've always thought Trigeminal Neuralgia was right next to clusters, surprised to see it so far down the list. Both attack the trigeminal nerve.

Kidney stones were the worst pain I ever experienced, till clusters. I now rank it as a 5 on my 1-10 scale, my worst clusters have scored a 14. 

Mox