Alcohol as a "trigger"

CHfather

Regarding alcohol, I think my current cycle kinda jump started when I drank at the family xmas party.

I had two baby clusters on the 21st and 22nd. I busted on the 21st (I think). Then no hits and was feeling great. Busted on the 26th again. Feeling great. Got some schnapps and beer in my estomago on the 28th and from that night the beast started several nightly visits plus a 1 or 2 during daytime. I dunnno. I thought I was out of cycle due to busting and I wasnt, and I believe that the wobbly pops and liquor "triggered" a latent bout.

How I crave a cold one. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have any info. of someone that actually out lived CH? I mean someone elderly, not a youngster that went into remission.

I'm getting close to that elderly stage of life. ;D

I was pushing a year of no cycles, just a couple rouge hits. Then the holidays came and I received a visitor that won't leave. Mentally I was really upset, because I thought this thing was over. I didn't even recognize that first night time hit and forgot how bad it could be. You wouldn't think you could forget, but you do. Oh well, maybe next year. Don't really care to break any records or be on the 6 oclock news because I passed as the oldest female with Cluster Headaches. My claim to fame. ::)    Leslie

Do we have any info. of someone that actually out lived CH?

The burnout reports I recall have mainly been from middle aged CH'ers where it runs in the family and they say their parent's CH had burnt out.

I wonder if the likelihood of CH burnout depends any on how young the CH'er was when it started? I suspect it does, but I guess that falls under the category of hunch, as I have nothing resembling hard data to back it up.

Do we have any info. of someone that actually out lived CH?

Mainly the burnout reports I recall have been from middle aged CH'ers where it runs in the family and they say their parent's CH had burnt out.

I wonder if the likelihood of CH burnout depends any on how young the CH'er was when it started? I suspect it does, but I guess that falls under the category of hunch, as I have nothing resembling hard data to back it up.

Maybe it decides "You're old. I haven't gotten you to kill yourself yet. I think I'll let something else do that now."

Mystina,

I think I messed up this thread, which was about alcohol being a trigger. When I am in cycle, one sip will bring on a bad hit. There has been a time or two that I got by with Bailey's and coffee. And there were a couple times hot, spicy tomato juice in beer. (bloody mary)

Sort of an old Steve Martin thing, that went, "I never smoke before 7." and so on.

I've decided I'd like to reschedule my Clusters late in life because they really do screw with a younger person, raising a family, working, and fun. Baseball games. (Hi David)

I believe I will follow that girl from Norway and just go out and play in the snow.              Leslie 8-)

Just failed the Beer Test. >:(

This sucks, big time. Beer is the Jesuits gift to mankind. Or the Benedictines, don't remember at this point. Just ticked that one told me this helluva long cycle is NOT over.

Lets see, Sept thru Jan, does that make me chronic or just a wimp?

Gonna be pissed for a while, and not in the British sense either. >:( >:(

spiny

who ain't happy this pm

Thanks Pixie!

I did a lot more reading here last night and picked up some of that. But, they do keep changing the definition lately.

I'm just really not happy that he has hung around so long this time. But, I have stopped all the medical junk too. In my heart I know that is a REALLY GREAT THING!!!! Gaining weight and wanting to eat would be the truly ideal change, since the meds did not stop the dragon.

I know, I am supposed to call him the beast. Too long as MY personal dragon to change I guess.

Later

spiny