The Devil Is Back

ftblfrk

Just coming off my first bout in about 4 or 5 years. Don't know if I can do this again. I'm 44 years old and have been fighting the devil in my head since I was 18. The last 4 or 5 years have been wonderful without the bouts. I hope this was just a freak visit. I don't think I can do the 2 - 3 bouts a day again. It takes a strong person to fight these damn things. Just don't think I have the will to do it again. Treatments are ridiculously expensive. I feel for all of you going through this. It can be tasking on your family and friends. Good luck to all of you.

Hi

Your  a episodic CHèr? This is your cyclys, or did something else break it last time?

Hope you will stop by little later to the board, to ventilate and get the support from everyone here. It helps so much you know, even if there`s noone else that really see you in this sit. Wether i`s friends, at job or just a feeling in general.

We gonna support you every day :)

If you fight the devil that far, you have been stronger than i can even imagine. I don`t know what treatment you used before? But there`s hope for the better beeing here!!!1

Don`t give up, hang in there and let us help please :)

Tingeling :) :)

There is help here in many forms, talk to Jay about 02, he can help. Read the posts about Alt therapy, ask questions. There are those of us here who get 8 to 10 a day for a year plus at a time and we have mangaed to either break the cycle or reduce it by 90 plus %. Please don't despair, there is help here.

David

So sorry to hear the bastard is back.  I know treatment can be expensive.  Lots of us dont have insurance, and even if you do, it doesnt always cover what we need it too.  There are alternatives.  There's lots of information on here regarding how to bust your cycle and alternatives for oxygen and the proper way to use 02.  I dont have insurance but I just made it thru a cycle, almost done, and this board helped me lots!  You can do it!  Keep an open mind.  To me, this message board has more info than 99.9% of the doctors we see.  Check out the busting board.  Hang in there!

FTB,

Sorry you have to be here and also grateful that you are. There is so much information and support...read read read. I too am episodic and I do believe my cycle is almost over and it hasn't been quite a month. I hadn't had a CH in 6 years. Oxygen is a must for aborting these nasty things. CB is about care concern support and alternatives. I happen to try an alternative and it is working well. RC seeds. A lot to explain. Read ask question and don't be afraid to let it all out here. Everyone is great.

Take care

Carole

Hey guy, First thing is to get the oxygen. Read and ask as many questions as you feel the need to. We all literally walk in the same shoes you do. I'm not saying it's easy by any stretch of the imagination, in fact, it's complete hell for most of us until we bust the bitches out of the park. We are all here to help and support you in any way we can. ;) Try the FAQ, it's a HUGE help in understanding what you have and how to beat it. Shoot me a PM if you need someone to vent at.

Mad6string

What they said.  8-)

After 18 years you've just now found a place where there's a good chance to bust this beast.

I'm a 30 year CH vet and my CH experience and outlook has improved tremendously thanks to our brothers and sisters in CH who have figured out what the docs haven't, pooled their knowledge, and are eager to share it.

Here's some good info about the newer, more effective way to abort CH hits with O2: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/O2/index.html