Hi, new here. Questions bout detox and seeds.

raquelinkansas

Brand new here and of course I am in cycle right now.  I ordered some Hawaiin seeds and they will be here today.  Never have tried this but I am desperate. Now I am reading about "detox".  I take Topomax 50mg a day, not that they do much good. I also take Prozac for OCD, 20mg a day, oh and Magnesim, 400mg a day.  Do I really need to detox for five days for the seeds to take effect?  After last night, I dont think I can wait five days, honestly, I was ready to do myself in.  Also, how many seeds do I take?  How do I do it?  I appriciate any responses and thank you in advance for taking the time to write back.

Raquel in Kansas

Hi Raquel and welcome.

The consensus is that no matter what alternative therapy you try detox is a must (not sure on the Prozac however, anyone else?). Before you even begin your attempt make sure you have oxygen at the ready with the correct mask and regulator (click on the link on the left for more info if you need it) and also some sort of energy drink containing taurine, caffeine, and magnesium. Most of the people here use red bull, I use the sugar free version. Be prepared and try to be patient, some people have found it will get worse before it gets better, but in the long run it works for most. You will get a lot of advise and help here, don't rush into it, get all of the information possible before you begin. There are a lot of threads to read and a lot of information here as well as caring and understanding people. Good luck and keep asking questions as they come up, people will be along to help.

David

Hi Raquel,

If you have no insurance, then you should probably do as so many of us do, and get welding oxygen.  I have been using it for about 7 yrs now.

Just contact a welding supply house (like Linde or AirGas) and inquire about the cost to rent a 125 to 150 tank or M tank, and how much refills will run.  I initially bought two 150s, and get 2 refills delivered for under $40.  One cylinder lasts me anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, depending on the amount of activity.  You will also need a regulator, humidifier (bubbler) and either a non-rebreather mask or mouthpiece.  You can click on the "Menu" button on the left side of this page for more info.

One other thing -- I would recommend that you not tell the welding supply house that you will be using oxygen for medical purposes. 

All the best,

bobb

I'm a huffer of welding o2. ;)  And fill my own portable tanks at home off of the big welding tank. ;)  I am ordering a hawaiian woodrose plant. Maybe I can get it to grow big. And from what I read about the HBW seeds, you only need like 3 seeds. But  do some research. I'm still learning myself.

The oxygen is very important if you can swing it at all.

It's always best to do everything you can to get ready for these treatments to give yourself the best chance. It can change the way you treat your clusters for a very long time.

So, its best to take the time to get it right the first time.

On another note, I don't know if you've read any of the research on OCD but it could be that you could end up finding an improved treatment for that also.

I don't want this to sound like one of those commercials selling the cure all for everything from constipation to male pattern baldness.......but....

Psilocybin has been studied as a treatment for OCD and they have had some very impressive results. I could point you to some of the study results.

Also, you don't need to detox from the Prozac.

Bobw

Hello Raquel.

Like many above me posted, you have to detox 5 days at least before trying seeds.

Red bull and Oxygen is really helpful while detoxing, and you should really contact with Linde Gas.

Also apart Cluster Headaches I suffer from when I was 7 from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, like washing hands after touching something, brushing my hair, nodding or shaking head, coughing, rolling my eyeballs or pure walking over the non-cracked tiles of sidewalk etc.

Though I cannot comment if by taking LSA my OCD improved or not because I had it since 7 yo and it slowed down or became nuissance for me when I finished hormone change in my body, can't even remember when it reduced.

But I know if it exists I cannot even notice it, my parents sometimes think if I cough normally I have OCD again but friends or people that don't know my medical history, don't notice, though they used to when my OCD was bad.

P.S Welcome onboard  :)

Matthew from Poland

I would actually like to see more info on the OCD treatments this way.  I am scared to quit taking the Prozac because well, its pretty personal, but I am just plain crazy without it and I am still raising my daughter.  Lets just say I had to have a lot of cognitive therapy. - Bye, bye Topomax.  Hello Red Bull.  Thanks so much for responding and heres hoping no "10" tonight. 

Raquel,

I don't have insurance either but my local oxygen company was very reasonable about it. $135 to set me up and then $10 to fill my e tanks and $20 for my m60.  Check around the yellow pages for a Lincare office and if they aren't in your neck of the woods try the other one's listed. You never know you may get somebody who has dealt with a cluster head before. The one thing you will need is a prescription for a high flow regulator, ask fro 25 lpm if you can get it but don't settle for less than 15 lpm. If it doesn't work out go the welders route, it has worked out for a lot of people here. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

David

Thanks for links Bob :)

But I got question, is it only Psylocybin or also LSA, LSD and other hallucinogens?

If so then if I dont stop cyclone then I may completely remove my OCD in case it wanted to get bad in future, who knows if my brain chemistry and neuro-stuff wont mess up someday  :D

By all means, if you can't get a script for O2, go with welders.

I went to my local welder's supply shop, rented a humongous tank (lovely addition to my decor)- $56.00 per year, refills are about $17 bucks,

Bought a non-rebreather mask and a regulator that goes to  15 lpm (25 or above lpm is better than what I have) from e-bay!  Can't remember for sure, but max out of pocket expense for both was less than $100.

If you do go the welder's route, recommendation is, do not tell them you are going to breathe in their O2.  Only if they ask, just say you are going to weld a lovely wrought iron fence or something.  It was easy in my case, I sell parking lot lighting with big tall steel poles that need to be welded now and then.  Just be creative.

BTW- my tank, regulator, mask, bubble bag, all of it, is very dusty.   :)  And, I apparently have lost my feather duster!  ;D  It hasn't been used in four years.

Sandy

All I use is welders o2. Bobb turned me on to it when was on the business end of a .380. Believe me it's a LIFE saver. Thanks Bob. (if I never told you)

Donnie

You have Donnie - many times.  And I also know that you have payed it forward and saved at least one life yourself.

You need to pat yourself on the back!

bobb

Raquel, welcome to the Busting family, wish you or anyone else didn't have to be, but you have found what I believe to be the best place for anyone who has CH's and as everyone has said the O2 is a must treating with this method, I learned the hard way about the non re breather mask and mouth piece, I had a regular mask and it did nothing even having the 15lpm, but after getting the non re breather and using the mouth piece after I noticed a major difference in aborting them.. the seeds work great but doesn't cure them, seeds and O2 work much much better and will give you a different outlook on things. ;)

don't think I started treatment till after about a mouth of research and started the RC's and they have made my days much better, I was getting hit with as many as 10 to 12 in 24 hours now its like 3 at most and easily aborted by O2 8-)

I feel like I just want to walk the earth and share this with any and all CH's sufferers.

I sure hope you find it to work for you as well as it did for me and others.

good luck with the O2 try not to go with out it, and I wish you the best in PF days.

Darrin

Texas Cluster

• 2 weeks later...

thx so much everyone!  its been a rough few wks.  i didnt get the oxygen,  i did however stick my head in the freezer,  did the seeds, found out that the prozac blocks them. HOWEVER, i think, after doing 10 seeds, it must have got in my system a tad because the the headaches have been staying below level 5.  i have read so much on here, the faq page is wonderful!!!  this website has really helped me get thru this cycle with less pain.  drinking red bull and ice and heat works wonders if i catch it early. i plan on growing my treatment for future cycles, a little apprehensive, never done that but shrooms will not be blocked by the prozac.  why suffer, right?!  i am so thankful for this website and the awesome beings on here!  i have hope now!!!

and Darrin aka Texas Cluster, you must be a VERY strong person, you are me hero!  i can't even comprehend having 10 to 12 a day!  JEBUS!  I average about three a night and shadows during the day sometimes.  one thing a have noticed, usually, I start having them in the daytime towards the end of my cycle and it has only happened once so far.  i take ginger for the day shadows if they start acting up.  ginger does nothing for the nightime tho.