Surface "touch" headaches?

jayhedges

I'm between cycles...and last night my scalp on the CH side was sore to the touch. It is still sore this morning. Very weird...only hurts if I touch it or if I bend over and let blood run to my head. I know...don't rub your head and bend over stupid... but also having an ear ache and soreness in my jaw on the CH side. Could this be warnings of a new cycle? Shadows from the one ended three weeks ago? Anyone else have this "touch headache". My name for it...Jay

Ok, I was kind of hesitant to write this until I did some more research and testing with it, but here goes.

I'm sure everyone of us has been diagnosed with TMJD. Wait!!! Before you right me off.. Please here me out...

When I started getting my CH's back this time, I went to my Chiro to ease my stress and pain in my shoulder and neck. This does not help my HA's one bit. But, I started talking to him about my jaw, as I too have the same issues as you guys. I noticed that I wake up in the middle of the night with a hit coming and my jaw is tight and clenching. I've had all of the bite guards and what not, but that just saves your teeth. It doesnt stop the muscles from clenching. On Sunday I had 4 HA's during the day and woke up about 3 times that night and had to use the oxy to abort. On Monday my Chiro showed me some TMJ exercises to relieve the stress in my jaw. But here is the important part, he also put on a glove and showed me this gland in the back of my mouth (Parotid Gland) to press on to relieve the stress too. If you open your mouth and on each side where your top and bottom jaw meet in the back is a rubber band like gland. You apply pressure on this for 10-20 seconds or however long you can stand. It will be sore/tender. Run your finger up and down it. He did this and I'm going to tell you it hurt like hell. My eyes teared up, but when he was done I couldnt believe what I felt. You know that feeling you get when you come out of a hit sometimes like the pain just drained down the back of your skull and down your neck? Thats what I felt!! My head was much lighter and also I could finally breath out of might right nostril again, which is the side my clusters are on.

Now, since he did that, I have been constantly doing these TMJ exercises to loosen up my jaw. That was monday morning. I had 1 HA monday at 7PM. YES 1 !!! AND I slept through the night that night without a HA!!! I couldnt believe it!! So when I woke up, again my jaw was tight from clenching that night. I immediately started the TMJ exercises all throughout the day. NOT ONE HA ON TUES until 9PM!!! AGAIN SLEPT ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT!!!

I started reading up on TMJ disorder and there is a link to the Trigeminal nerve big time! I believe these exercises are helping me relieve stress on my jaw that may be putting pressure on my nerve to send signals back to my brain or something like that. I didnt want to jump the gun on this and post anything yet, but now that you mention it Jay, I couldnt resist. I couldnt be coming to the end of my cycle as I had 7 HA's on Sunday and 1 on Monday?? That doesnt sound like much of a tapering off to me. Here are some links to some exercises if you want to try them and who knows it might help you or it might not...One thing that I noticed while reading these exercises is that one of them has you squeeze your head towards your temple area. What do clusterheads do to relieve some pain??!! Squeeze our heads!! This may be why it helps because we are relieving that stess in our jaw just a little bit. Also here is something I found about TMJ and the Trigeminal nerve, but nothing related to clusters specifically.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2352238_cure-tmj-jaw-exercises.html

http://www.ihateheadaches.org/tmj-andi-trigeminal-nerve.html

Anyways, this could all just be coincidence for me??! NOT sure, but from the effects that I'm getting I'm pretty convinced that this is helping to break my cycle. I know my body more than anyone and the nerve in my head and face is giving me good signs rather than bad. Hope this helps..

Jeff

last night my scalp on the CH side was sore to the touch. It is still sore this morning. Very weird

I agree Jay.

Maybe 1961mom will chime in. 

She told me that this last cycle of hers has been very similar.  She said that one half of her face is red like it was sun-burnt.  And that the same half of her scalp felt like really tender, like someone had used sandpaper on it!

That was the first time I had talked to anyone with those kind of symptoms of CH, but your description sounds eerily similar.

bb

I'm between cycles...and last night my scalp on the CH side was sore to the touch. It is still sore this morning. Very weird...only hurts if I touch it or if I bend over and let blood run to my head. I know...don't rub your head and bend over stupid... but also having an ear ache and soreness in my jaw on the CH side. Could this be warnings of a new cycle? Shadows from the one ended three weeks ago? Anyone else have this "touch headache". My name for it...Jay

i've was getting all day shadows like that but i think its because i had a sinus infection. that was a week ago and im ok now

one half of her face is red like it was sun-burnt

Yep, and eye on same side Can get itchy as h...!!

I tried dentist, chiro, manuell therapeut, physio... you name it.... Didn`t work. But once i broke out from being chronic, after starting this treatment, All gone. The jaw stress, wich i actually had started to get really concerned about, neck and all that.

But next time, i certainly will try this one Jeff :)

Good stuff. Jeff, many say stress is a trigger for us so anything that relieves stress in the jaw and neck area has to make us feel better. I was at the dentist yesterday for a check up and asked her about the jaw thing and she wanted to give me the mouth guard. I declined thinking I have enough toys right now. Didn't dare tell her about the CH...not sure I could have handled a dentist's theory. Been thinking of going to a chiro for the stiff neck that is persisting even after my cycle ended. BTW I tried O2 today for this "touch only HA" and it didn't do a thing, and O2 aborts my CH HA's in 10 minutes so this thing is not a CH, but going on 24 hours now. If I would just stop touching it to see if it still hurts...it wouldn't hurt, stupid...LOL Jay

First of all I am so glad that Jeff's ch went from 7 to 1!  I dont have TMJ but I clench big time in my sleep.  Jeff, I dont think your jumping the gun at all, I think your awesome for sharing this info!!!  I found it very interesting and plan on trying the exercises.  I yawn from HBW seeds.  Ridiculous yawning, like the day after dosing.  I personally dont experience the scalp or side of face sensitivity.  Thanks for sharing Jeff!!!   :)

I haven't had the sensitive to the touch thing, unless I'm in a full blown headache. Then wind even hurts my skin. It hurts so much though I "in" a headache I can't really pinpoint n e thing. lol

I yawn excessively when I dose Psilocybin, and also right before a headache comes. I also "binge" eat right before a headache. Even if I just ate a full lunch, I'll be hungry 5 minutes later, then I'll know...here he comes...

Sorry I could help ya  more

Jeff!!!1

OMG!!!!!!!!!! That jaw thing is AMAZING!!!

To be honest, i have never thought it could make that much fuzz. But today, i have been very dizzy and felt something on it`s way to ramble up. then my jaw gets crunchy, clicking and all that. Dizzy like i don`t get enough blood to my head, or air or whatever.

Thought of this link`s, read them and got very surprised....... This seem to match many symptoms. I once considered to get Atlas profilax, but after reading about it, i thought it could be very risky.

Atlas profilax treatment, actually in a way would make the same sort of changes this jaw thing are.

Half way into excersises, i felt difference, and when finished, BIg difference. My head got warm, and i had more color. that pale color was gone!! i`m not that dizzy, jaw is relaxed, tendencies to shadow`s gone......

Thank you so much Jeff, i`m gonna continue doing this. I think it can make big differences.

Try it folks, it works!!

I'd seriously lose close to 10 lbs during the cycle. 

I don`t drink, i don`t eat sweets... I only eat healthy food, always, and when i have worsening in condition, i loose weight. Even if i start eating more fatty food and carb`s. I get skinny as h.. no matter what i do. I`m sure calories get burned faster.

First I gained 10 lbs during my first CH cycle, probably because I use food to sooth my pain; physical or "cylelogical".

Now back to the touch HA as I call it. Now a full 72 hours without it stopping for even 5 minutes. There are times that I have to press a little to feel the pain and others when just touching my  hair hurts to a kip 5, but just when touched. Definitely not a CH but on top half of the crown of my skull on the CH side. Mild soreness in the gland on that side and tooth and jaw pain comes and goes. Saw a chrio yesterday who right away said it is TMJ. He told me to go buy a lottery ticket after reading my medical history and seeing Migraines morphed into CH and now TMJ all in 6 months. He said he can help with migraines but while he knew a lot about CH, didn't make any claims to help there. That was honest. I do think the jaw, neck and back adjustments that he did relaxed my neck like it hasn't been in months and may have reduce the touch HA pain. According to his opinion TMJ affects, muscles not nerves, in the throat, jaw, and scalp. He pressed on some points in my neck that made the Touch HA kip to about an 8. Anyway, I have no CH symptoms so will not bore you guys with any more on this but Jeff is right TMJ, which my Chiro said completed the trifecta. "Lucky Jay".