Constant Eye Twitch

BoscoPiko

I'm just curious if any other CH folks have ever had a continuous eye twitch on the cluster side after a cycle? For myself this started about 3 years ago after my first cycle. The constant movement of my upper eyelid is obnoxious. I can see it hopping all aroud in the mirror and it makes me a bit self conscious as I'm sure if I can see it dancing all around others can 2.. just wondering if it's just me?

I used to have an eye twitch - don't recall whether it was the cluster side or if it started immediately following a cycle, but I know it was occurring at the same time as a bunch of other CH pharmaceutical after effects. I read about magnesium supplementation possibly being able to fix the twitch, and when I tried it, it did go away (coincidence or no?).

Magnesium glycinate seems to be one of the most often favored and advised forms these days.

On the down side, when the twitching subsides, people may miss the friendly gesture implying a degree of solidarity or intimacy they've grown accustomed to with you winking at them constantly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bejeeber said:

I used to have an eye twitch - don't recall whether it was the cluster side or if it started immediately following a cycle, but I know it was occurring at the same time as a bunch of other CH pharmaceutical after effects. I read about magnesium supplementation possibly being able to fix the twitch, and when I tried it, it did go away (coincidence or no?).

Magnesium glycinate seems to be one of the most often favored and advised forms these days.

On the down side, when the twitching subsides, people may miss the friendly gesture implying a degree of solidarity or intimacy they've grown accustomed to with you winking at them constantly. 

LoL. thanks I suppose... Your post made me laugh...Thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I ever figure out what two keys get tapped on occasion and wipe out my writing, I am going to rip out that one key!!! :rolleyes:

I want to hear of you going out and doing all of those things Bosko!! You will post about that again too, right? You have come a long way since you first arrived here. 

Kick the twitch, don't sweat it, and go play!!! Hugs!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spiny said:

want to hear of you going out and doing all of those things Bosko!! You will post about that again too, right? You have come a long way since you first arrived here. 

Thank you Spiny you are seriously awesome. The eye twitching is easy to deal with in comparison to the thunder brain so I shouldn't have complained. I did have a great ride today granted I had to work my mare for a good 30 minutes to rid her of the piss and vinegar but it was so nice just to be back in the saddle. I owe many thanks to this site and all the compassionate folks on here as you all are what kept me from giving up.. Much love to everyone on here and I hope someday I can return the favor.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bohm said:

Yup.  The eye twitching started for me 4 or 5 years ago.  I also use Magnesium Taurate as it seems to be easier on my stomach and it appears to make a difference.  No eye tremors this cycle.  

I take regular magnesium and my eye still twitches. I have to look up Taurate as I am unsure of what it is. 

1 hour ago, Freud said:

I have had eye twitch on and off before clusters started.  Lasted a year once.  It was so bad I had women think I was winking at them. Lol. Stopped on its own and randomly comes back...

Lol... I tried to like this response but I keep getting a "you can't like anything else today" response...

@BoscoPiko,

When I started the D3 regimen many years ago for the first time, the magnesium was not friendly with my stomach.  I spend an inordinate amount of time in the john.  Batch recommends magnesium chloride, glycinate, oxide, citrate or malate but they are all just binders for magnesium.  I understand that different binders may affect how well it's absorbed into the blood stream.  Different types of magnesium binders have reportedly slightly different effects and some work as a strong laxative.  I read that magnesium taurate seems to be well tolerated with digestion so that's what I went with.  It's essentially magnesium with a taurine binder.  I'm convinced the taurine that is in energy drinks such as 5 hour and redbull has some kind of effect on clusters and so that's another reason I went with it.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bohm said:

@BoscoPiko,

When I started the D3 regimen many years ago for the first time, the magnesium was not friendly with my stomach.  I spend an inordinate amount of time in the john.  Batch recommends magnesium chloride, glycinate, oxide, citrate or malate but they are all just binders for magnesium.  I understand that different binders may affect how well it's absorbed into the blood stream.  Different types of magnesium binders have reportedly slightly different effects and some work as a strong laxative.  I read that magnesium taurate seems to be well tolerated with digestion so that's what I went with.  It's essentially magnesium with a taurine binder.  I'm convinced the taurine that is in energy drinks such as 5 hour and redbull has some kind of effect on clusters and so that's another reason I went with it.  

Oh I see. Good to know. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Bejeeber said:

I can say that I wouldn't expect magnesium oxide, which last I checked is the most common/cheapest form, to work for me with eye twitches.

Thanks Bejeeber,

I will have to look into other types as it's not the worst problem in the world it is quite obnoxious<_<

Here is what I can recall w/o being scientific, and FYI if I can purchase it in powder, I do. The bioavailability and absorption are superior and with those macro and micro’s that have propensities to cause the Hershey Squirts, it seems to lessen the explosion. 

Magnesium Glycinate bound with glycine is a non-essential amino acid, very bioavailable and the least likely to cause the trots. 

Magnesium Chloride has a magnificent absorption rate and is the best form for detoxing the cells and tissues. It can boost metabolism.

Magnesium Oxide is the most common form sold and the worst form sold. It is not chelated and has a piss poor absorption rate. You will be the principal investor in Immodium.

Magnesium Glutamate and Magnesium Aspartate if you don't recognize them, are neurotoxins from Aspartame. I hope you understand the brain damage proven by neuroimaging that that shit causes. Avoid it.

Magnesium Taurate is great for those with Cardiovascular complications, has no laxative properties, and is easily absorbed.

Magnesium Citrate is one of the most popular because it is inexpensive and readily absorbed. Citric acid is a mild laxative used as a constipation aid, making it unsuitable for those with loose bowel movements. 

I have heard of some Functional Medicine approaches to take Magnesium to the bowel (saturation). The issue is, that even if you stop for five days, you still need the loperamide.

Next, your serum (blood) level should be 1.7 to 2.3, I think toxicity would require something insane as 4g to 5g per day. Most seem to follow 800mg at the bed, possibly 400mg during a panic attack, and 400mg each half-hour to an hour during a migraine. If I could afford it, I would get an IV Magnesium treatment during my 5-day migraines (it works).

If you feel lethargic, experience depression, facial flushing (not from nicotinic acid) and have an irregular heartbeat you need to back off. Magnesium Carbonate, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium gluconate, and Magnesium Oxide are the most likely to cause an OD/Toxicity. If you can't piss that is a red flag. Urinary Retention. 

I hope this makes sense, I can't remember much.

• Like 2

I think that this double-blind trial is a good start to demonstrating how potent Magnesium is.

Comparative Study of Magnesium, sodium valproate, and concurrent magnesium-sodium valproate therapy in the prevention of migraine headaches: a randomized controlled double-blind trial.

https://thejournalofheadacheandpain.biomedcentral.com/track/pdf/10.1186/s10194-021-01234-6.pdf