New here - My Hubby's story

Angel

Hi Angel - have been thinking about you and your husband - sorry to hear it's been such a hellacious week.

Have you been able to get your hands on a hi flow O2 regulator and try a higher LPM?

I'm thinking one could potentially come in very handy for when that prednisone wears off.

You may know this already, but a prednisone side effect is that it can cause a normally calm person to have temperamental/angry outbursts. A sort of roid rage. So don't take it personally if this happens, and any outburst will likely quickly subside.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.  Angel, have you been using the caffeine or redbulls to their full effectiveness??  Could take the edge off enough to help the detox.  Also melatonin at night??  Does anyone know if melatonin is a blocker??  I think it is not.

These might buy you some detox pain relief, enough to get the busters meds in your hubby.  Plus the higher flow rate O2.

I agree with going bigger on the psilocybes (mushrooms).  It may take a bit of a jolt to break the chronic thing.  Depending on his experiences with the medicine.  Too much could be a crazy ride.  But if you tried 1 gram and not much happened, you can up it from there.  The problem is that you have to take enough to break the pain to make the detox bearable but not too much to go for too big of a ride.  But then again, if the pain is that bad, go for a bigger journey and make sure you are in a good place to do it.  I have had great experiences on  a secluded beach and forests.

2 -2.5 grams seems like what I would try, but research it a bit.  I don't know your experience level, but my first busting try was my first time with the psilocybes.  I had my girlfriend watch over me to make it a safe space.  No phone calls or interruptions until I could see how deep I was going.  Helped a lot, made me feel comfortable and relaxed.

Good luck!!!! :P

--Shaggy :)

Hey everyone ! My hubby is doing better! Took last dose of prednisone today and hasn't touched zomig for 2 days now! He still decided to take 1gram of mushies tonight and is feeling pretty good  ;)Wondering if it means it's working!? We know that prednisone is a blocker but since it was his last dose tonight he decided to still try it, maybe it will help him just enough to help him detox and not take another zomig when the prednisone wears off in the next few days. I will keep you posted!  Oh last week he was prescribed a very low dose of verap 80mg a day and topamax should he go off those meds ....are they blocker? Anyhow I guess will see in the next few days and weeks! Wish us luck ! Hope this works!!! Thank you all again for the tips and advice! It means A LOT to us !!

Hi

Happy to hear that!!

I would go off verap and topamax. And really dp everything to stay off zomig. Since i dosed without flly detox, i could feel differences maybe, busting on diff meds.

I found the triptans such as zomig, imitrex etc blocked more than other meds. But anyway, something always happened to the better.

I think it sounds like a good plan what you two planning for now. I would done the same.

Whising good luck!!!!! :)

Bob W told me not to worry about detoxing from verap.That's the only thing I'm still on after stopping Prednisone near the end of my first taper. Cycle stopped a week ago so deciding what to do next while enjoying pf week!

Hey David...I think the Beast is afraid to come anywhere near me. I have enough O2, liquid O2, an O2 concentrator, regulators and masks in my bedroom to bust all the hangovers in Baltimore this weekend, or to bust up a creepy little Beast if he raises his nasty little head anywhere. Hey it's gonna be a nice weekend here 104 degrees is the forecast for tomorow!

Hey everyone - My hubby is doing better !

He took 1gr of mushies Wednesday, felt pretty good for about 3 hours then got what he describes one of his worst ha's EVER!! It's now Friday and has been getting only kip 2-6 ha's that he abort quickly with 02! This is progress because he is now doing better then he was on 2 zomig a day :)  After diner tonight he decided to take a nape and got hit with a kip 10 ha! Still positive tho, we know this will take time and patience.

He will be dosing again on Monday, we might get shrooms on Sunday but not sure. He does have RC Seeds and HBWR seeds ready! He is chronic so I think shrooms are better but will try the seeds if we don't get our hands on shrooms. How much of RC or HBWR seeds should he start with? We were thinking about 30 RC seeds and HBWR not sure??

Hi

Gettin hit on top of trip, has happened to me as well. Good to hear he is doing better, and you two keeping it up anyway!!! :)

In my excperience, watch out for that dinner nap. Following a regular sleeping pattern, and eat regular and healthy, does a big deal. I find it that good, that i follow it weekends and holidays. If he get tired, go to bed earlier, instead of taking a nap. Don`t lay in bed at morning, get up at once and eat.

I swear to this, it may be different to others off course. But it`s worth a try.

Looking forward to next post!!!

Wishing you two the best, hang in there :) :)

No naps for me as well, if I can pass the nap test I know i am in remission :). 3o is okay on RC seeds (I have done as many as 60 plus) but not HBWR, they are much stronger. I believe the recommended first dose of those is around 6 but please confirm that with someone who has used them. Good luck on the next dose, I look forward to seeing the results.

Jay,

Smoking hot up here as well, golfing tomorrow, I usually walk but I think I will have to do a cart.

Hey everyone - My hubby is doing better, only had kip 2-7 yesterday and was able to abort everyone with o2 ! He also had 6hrs of sleep without any ha's at all! This is a huge improvement since he hasn't touched zomig for 5 days now :) I think maybe it's his dose of mushies that he did last Wednesday that helped....I hope anyways! He will be dosing again tomorrow hopefully with mushies, we will find out today if we will get any. If not it will be with RC seeds, he will start with 30! Should he expect to be very sick? We read that some people are very sick with the seeds!

Thanks again everyone for all your support and guidance through this experience !

Nat

Angel,

Maybe a little nausea but most do not get sick. A little lemon squirted tin the water during the soak helps. Most of us believe in drinking the sludge, that is the hardest part. If you need anymore tips just let me know. Good luck.

David

Well looks like we have some mushrooms!!! Tomorrow he will be dosing again!! :D We don't know how good they are but he will do 2 grams! Hopefully it's enough !!  Ha's have been better since Wednesday dose so hopefully with this dose things will get even better!! Will keep you posted! Wish us luck !!

I was bracing myself before looking at this topic - I hate to hear of people getting slammed the way your hub has Angel -  so that's a bit of a relief about the HA's being better since Wed.!

In case that 2 grams comes on strong, do you know how to assist him with the O2 (if he is hit with an attack near the peak and needs someone with normal space/time perception to help make sure the O2 is being administered as usual)?

This very well may just be me, but I find that if there is stomach discomfort during the busting, soda crackers and carbonated water will help, and they are also kind of yummy in a sideways and warped sort of way.  :D

Putting out the best thoughts and hopes for a good busting!

P.S. I also find naps to be a suicide mission.  :D

Hey everyone ! Everything went well yesterday! Hubby took 2gr of mushrooms got a good buzz (nothing to strong tho) felt good then got hit once he went to bed (we were expecting that) got another mild ha which was easily aborted with the O2. Today he got through the whole day at work without ANY need to take O2 and no ha's  :D Did get hit when he got home tho but again aborted easily with O2!

WOW I'm amazed!! He was very tired tho today felt kinda hungover....I guess this is normal the day after dosing? Now will see how the night goes hopefully he will get a full nights sleep! His next dose is suppose to be Saturday but we have a big family party so will have to wait Sunday, that will be his 3rd dose! Just hoping and praying that thing will continue to improve!

Have a great night everyone and thank you again for your support, encouragement and kind words!

Clusterbusters rocks  8-)

Hey everyone !THANK YOU so much for you kind words ! My hubby is doing ok! Yesterday he was getting hits every couple of hours but nothing bigger then a kip 7 which he aborted with O2 ! Today was a bit better then yesterday. No major ha's  :) He does find that it takes a bit longer to abort the attacks with the O2 then last week. It take's him an average of 20min instead of 5 to 10 min. But we did get a new Optimask today so will see if it's better! Next bust is Sunday and hopefully things will continue to improve! I think we have to be patient with this

Thank you everyone and I will keep you posted !!

Thanks Bejeeber ! He is doing so much better now ! Almost no ha's yesterday...YAY :) Bought some Red bull and ready when he gets his next attack ! We have a party today and that is what he will be drinking....would rather drink beer but hey not worth the pain it will cause !

Have a great weekend everyone!!  :)