Guest users. Welcome!

Freud

So I just found the feature to browse online users. 13 pages of guests!  Folks join us, if you have CH or are helping some one with CH join it will make all the difference!

pain free wishes

freud

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brain on fire said:

By all means welcome! I've often seen over 700 users & guests on the forum.

700! Wow that’s nuts. I’ll have to start checking now that I know it exists.   Interesting find DD, now if we could only get them all to the conference. 

1 hour ago, xBoss said:

A bunch of them were probably bots

...ok...for soma us born in the last century...while I think I know what a bot is... why oh why would a bot (or it's master) give a damn about an alternative medicine site for an ailment practically unknown to the civilized world (or, at least, to 95% of the docs I've ever been to...……………………………)

They are web crawlers mostly, just indexing sites and stuff for search. Some are hacker sniffers looking for old versions of forums and stuff. I have put up many forums and you would be surprised by the weird traffic.

A quick check shows tons of them viewing random profiles. No way a real guest is all over profiles and ancient threads on page 50 etc. These are crawlers.

Edited by xBoss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bots are the reason we try our best to keep all references to some treatments in the closed threads. And why we move them. Google grabs them all and when someone does a search for one, our page comes up because a certain word was used. It is hunting for those things. Also why replies are limited when they are on a public thread or forum. Once it hits the ether, it is gone.  

They run non-stop and they are legion!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1