Fighting Pain with pain

lp3

28 minutes ago, lp3 said:

Has anyone noticed that if you are in cycle and you accidentally hurt yourself that your clusters go away until you heal. I have had this happen to me twice. I am not advocating self harm btw.

No but I have noticed that doing nothing keeps them around longer. For instance day after yesterday I had a bad one started at 10 in the morning and I had tried everything... Around 9:00 pm my cat got out and spikes were still coming, I had already taken the max medication so I grabbed a white claw all kinds of angry! I know they say don't drink and don't smoke, don't burp or fart sideways … once I got up and got moving and heart thumping spikes went to bed as did I shortly after...

Bosco, some do benefit highly from exercise during certain times to stop a hit. You might be surprised that the number of CHers' that find pain relief from exercising. And there are those who will get hit immediately if they try to work out.  So, it is a toss up. Nice that it worked for you! :)

Ip3, I have not observed this, but perhaps others have experienced it! 

• Like 2

I

15 hours ago, spiny said:

some do benefit highly from exercise during certain times to stop a hit.

I can say that I have personally aborted attacks with vigorous exercise, as in all out sprints, but only during the short lived ramp up phase of my cycles, when I could also potentially abort with things like breathing freezing cold air or 10-15 LPM O2.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I do notice that they tend to hit me right after exertion or stress. In the period I am relaxing or coming off an adrenaline hit. The more exertion or stress, usually the harder the hit.

IIRC there is a phenomenon that the brain 'pain gates' a newer or sufficient pain will temporarily block one pain so you register the second. Likely far more complicated than that.

12 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

I have to be fair when im at work i dont get as many attacks . My work is stressful .im running around alot . When im home relaxing i get most of my attacks . So may be something there 

Yep, that same scenario and result has been reported by others, hence the "stay stressed" mantra/slogan of some CH'ers.

I noticed as others did that exercise, mainly in the form the form of sex either triggers a CH 50% of the time or does nothing. Otherwise I don’t consider fast pacing exercise (for me) the same as running or doing push ups like others have reported doing.  I noticed that the runners on here over the years sometimes report aborting w running or burpees but do get hit in the cool down phase sometimes. 

as far as other pain during an attack, I’ve slammed my knee into a table by accident and hardly felt it or stubbed a toe.  But it has no effect on my CH hits.  Several compadre here have reported slamming head into things or punching things only to not get relief and end up w injuries.  Thankfully I’ve never gotten that frustrated.