Flying

BoscoPiko

22 hours ago, BoscoPiko said:

make

It is a dose dependent thing how much dissociation and that few beeer feeling. The oral is much less noticeable. If you take the dose of nasal I was on it can give you a drunk like feeling for 30-40min.  All in all unless I’m having a 9/10 that won’t break w one oral then I use my nasal spray 5-10pumps (so 50-100mg). I have never felt anything like the infusions when using my at home ketamine.  I’d say you’re pretty functional.  In the beginning when I got much weaker nasal spray it wouldn’t abort my CHs but I used enough so you feel a little spacey and you just get through the pain easier.  You have the CH, you know it’s there but you can ignore the pain a fair amount.  My ideal situation is to have some intranasal at 100mg/ml and 100mg troches.  Save the spray for the ones that don’t break. Or a 10....  hope this babble is helpful, I’m at kipp 7 and climbing atm...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kat_92 said:

I’m always interested in this topic. I am chronic CH, and I have missed vacations with family and loved ones because I am PETRIFIED to fly. I have shadows all day every day, and I know for a fact I’d get a ch while on the plane. The only thing I would consider is doing a very VERY strict busting regimen for 2 weeks before, and carrying Red Bull’s with me….possibly taking Xanax to the point I don’t even know what’s going on. Soooo yeah. It sucks. I am maid of honor in my best friends wedding coming up. She wants to go to Puerto Rico for her bachelorette and I might miss it :( what is ketamine (stupid question), and how do I qualify for that? The verapamil seems to be doing the trick for now…but it makes me ever so sleepy. 

best to all! Kat

Ketamine is a Controled substance and it is schedule 3, refills can be written (although most docs won’t). It’s addiction potential is lower than most painkillers.  It is the class of anesthetic drugs called dissociatives.  At lower doses it blunts your awareness to your pain. At higher doses it can abort CHs in the intranasal form or oral troches.  Usually used in an operative room or procedure suit in the IV or IM form. In the out pt setting it is becoming a very trendy thing at ketamine infusion centers. They are claiming it’s a miracle drug for depression, PTSD, migraines, CH, chronic pain Pts. It has to be made at a compounding pharmacy and can get pretty expensive depending on the state you’re in and local prices. When I was in NJ the average price for the spray and the troches (when I was getting both) was about $550/month!!!!   Down here in FL I got quoted a price of 1/4 of what I was spending in NJ.  The problem is it’s hard to find a Dr that is comfortable working w it and prescribing it.  It’s recommended to take a drug holiday for 3-7 days a month depending on your Drs recommendation to prevent your body from building a tolerance.  Some docs don’t say it though.  You might only need half the script I was getting.  I have a high tolerance to most drugs.  I was exposed to K in high doses when I was burned for regular dressing changes...

Id take trex in the plain of you don’t think you could grin and bear it.  Use it in the plane, may be in the trip. And pay for the consequences after.  For me once I stop using it my CH returns to its normal shittyness. Lol.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Freud said:

It is a dose dependent thing how much dissociation and that few beeer feeling. The oral is much less noticeable. If you take the dose of nasal I was on it can give you a drunk like feeling for 30-40min.  All in all unless I’m having a 9/10 that won’t break w one oral then I use my nasal spray 5-10pumps (so 50-100mg). I have never felt anything like the infusions when using my at home ketamine.  I’d say you’re pretty functional.  In the beginning when I got much weaker nasal spray it wouldn’t abort my CHs but I used enough so you feel a little spacey and you just get through the pain easier.  You have the CH, you know it’s there but you can ignore the pain a fair amount.  My ideal situation is to have some intranasal at 100mg/ml and 100mg troches.  Save the spray for the ones that don’t break. Or a 10....  hope this babble is helpful, I’m at kipp 7 and climbing atm...

Thanks for the info Freud. Sorry your in a bad spot!

• Like 1

Bosco, I live on a mountain. From late September to the end of March was my cycle time every year. I quickly learned that going down the mountain - rising barometric pressure - was good. Going up the mountain was hell - falling barometric got me every single time. So, with this knowledge, I avoided flying for over a decade. I also avoided going down the mountain for about 6 months of the year too if at all possible. 

Then, I was invited to the Clusterbuster Conference by Bob, our founder. I had never been to one and I was determined to get on the plane and go. It was scary as hell too. But, with some caffeine caps in my pocket it went just fine! I did get hit when I was in Dallas, but only one thankfully and had lots of O2. The conference is always in late September, so it was a treacherous time for me to try it. My cycle is Equinox to Equinox and I was traveling on yes, the Equinox! 

I opened a caffeine cap and tossed it down with some coke when I got to the waiting area for the flight. I had upped my D for a few days prior to traveling. I can't take the energy shots and such, so I stuck with just plain old caffeine powder. It went just fine. I had checked on O2, but it would be at the conference, so I left that alone. 

I still am cautious going down the mountain in winter and carry caffeine. I also take a pain pill for the bad shadow I am prone to getting when driving back up. It is two lane up into the Great Smokey's and twisting all the way. No place to pull off and fight. So, the prevent comes into play big time for me. Hopefully you too can devise a method to get you around to both of your homes with less disruption. At least that is why I am putting this in here!

I think that soon you will feel comfy trying RC Seeds for your CH. Easy to try and little to no trip. Really easy medicine to take. Hopefully you will feel confident enough to cross that bridge soon. I don't think that you have tried them yet!! If so, I missed it!

"Fate whispers to the Warrior 'You cannot withstand the storm.' The Warrior whispers back 'I am the Storm.' Be the storm. You are becoming the

Warrior, learn to be the storm too.

Survive and Thrive.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, spiny said:

I don't think that you have tried them yet!! If so, I missed it!

Hi Spiny, no I haven't tried them yet but that is where I would start if I was going to. Thank you for all the helpful info and way cool quote at the end!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaun brearley said:

Bosco you really do need to give busting a go. I was really hesitant to give it a go , mainly down to my job , but i've had so many pain free day during this s--t cycle because of it, it  has really been worth it 

I want 2 I'm just so scared... how does it work? Do you do it when in cycle or prior when you know it's about to be dooms day? Then how long does it last? Uff I have so many questions and I suppose I just need to dive head first. I have such good support from my husband that I know he would babysit me. I guess it's rare to go loony at my age but it is a real fear of mine as my mom was mentally ill super bad (she listened to voices in her head for years and was so miserable she finally found her way to the grill of a car on the freeway). I need to search the site more as I know this is a subject talked about in depth.  

Completely respecting your reluctance, and I feel like you're not a person to be led somewhere you don't want to go.  So just FYI . . . 

There is often a misunderstanding that a "trip" is part of the treatment.  It isn't.  It's just a side effect, and as Jeebs said somewhere in a thread like this one, RC seeds at therapeutic doses are virtually guaranteed to have zero psychedelic effects.  It is completely legal to buy and possess them in California.  Preparation is extremely simple.  Consuming them is unlawful.  You can start at a very low dose.  There was a time when RC seeds were considered a better busting agent than MM, but MM gets all the media attention, and many people here seem to think it and L are the big hammers.  Seeds still might be considered better than MM (because their structure is closer to LSD).  This is the original post on the topic: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/684-5-lsa-seeds-of-the-vine/?tab=comments#comment-8326  This covers a lot of bases: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/2353-moxiegirls-seed-recipe/?tab=comments#comment-29101   Blah blah blah here: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6816-number-of-rc-seeds-to-take-some-thoughts/    There are some small contradictions among these files, but if you start a thread in one of the protected boards I'm sure those can be ironed out.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CHfather said:

There is often a misunderstanding that a "trip" is part of the treatment.  It isn't.  It's just a side

This tid bit made all the difference. I'm scared of the trip that's all. But this makes me move one foot in front of the other. Thank you so much!

• Like 4

I can understand you being worried about the trip . I'm 53 and really don't want to be tripping myself .As CHfather said RC seeds have zero trip effect , but also I'm not trying to push you in to it just saying it's worked so well for me and many other . Plus I'm in a lot better place mentally

I don't have such bad PTSD my head space seems to be in a lot better place .I know I've got my o2 to abort attacks but know I feel I have a tool that gives me long periods of pain free days whilst I'm in the joys of a cycle . I've not used it before a cycle yet but I will be doing that when I come out of this cycle in in at present . I just feel so much more at ease about the whole CH hell I'm in 

• Like 4