Scary new legislation in the US :(

i have long thought this administration was just in the cartels pocket.

this and the wholesale reversal of the we won't go after sick people and there meds..

ya unless the Cartels are loosing enough money to put the squeeze on our current leaders

disgusting stuff all around -

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG!

People in England often ask me why I left American and moved here. Well, there is one answer.

America, the land of the free. Yeah, right! Not much longer if they have their way. I may even be at risk returning for visits. How messed up is that!

Renée

• 4 weeks later...
OMG!

People in England often ask me why I left American and moved here. Well, there is one answer.

America, the land of the free. Yeah, right! Not much longer if they have their way. I may even be at risk returning for visits. How messed up is that!

Renée

With more high-tech cameras utilizing face recognition programs appearing daily on street corners all across the UK - I honestly don't think the Brits have much to brag about in the Big Brother category.  :) Remember this is a proposed change - not an actual one. Nonsense like this comes up in the Congress and the Senate every day only to get voted down. I have a lot of Brit friends and they constantly complain about the English Nanny State. I've dealt with anal English law enforcement and continue to prefer good old New York cops any day.

• 5 months later...

"The very fact that lawmakers even have the gall to write, sponsor, introduce, or even hint at supporting such a bill, without fear of losing their elected position or becoming victims of whatever other means the public may have to exact retribution for their treasonous behavior should send a message to every citizen who pays even minor attention to current events. "

It is scary what some overly righteous folks think needs doing. I wonder where they come up with feeling the need to mandate us. Its hard to understand, do these people really speak for their constituents, its not like needing new roads or bridges, or even basic health care for those that cant afford it.

I would'nt worry too much about it though.

When you think of the incredible abilities of our house and senate having passed 124 laws last year where the majority, something like 40%, of those passed were re naming post office branches. At a cost of only a few hundred million

And to think we pay them such measly salaries and pensions.  :P

maybe this isnt research and scientific news commentary on my part. Its just stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

That's an outrage.  Sleazy politicians try to trample on free speech rights all too often.  Write your congressman and bitch.  I mean it.  Don't wait.  A grassroots campaign killed SOPA and it can kill this. 

There are other outrages.  One of them is for-profit prisons, which they make nice sounding by calling them "privatized" and spreading the lie that they save taxpayer dollars.  They really cost more.  Besides driving up taxes, the big outrage is they give a financial incentive to businesses for more people to be locked up.  This is a big reason why there's such corporate opposition to legalizing things like marijuana and mushrooms.  Think they're worried these substances will harm people?  No way!  Legalization will hurt corporate business interests.  No longer is there the excuse for locking someone up for pot or shrooms.  That hurts their bottom line.  When people can grow their own effective medication, that hurts the drug companies' bottom line. 

With pot relieving your nausea, you don't go out and buy Pepto Bismol or Alka Seltzer.  You may not need a trip to the doctor.  With shrooms taking away your headaches, you don't buy Immitrex. 

It's all about the money.  They'll take away whatever freedoms they have to in order to make more money. 

Vote all these bums out. Top Down! No profit in a cure criminal mentality of our Oligarchy. Never had a hang over from too much pot but alcohol legally kills people everyday albeit slightly taxed. Every pill on the market seems to have more body damaging issues than what it's trying to solve plus anal bleeding. Only after demanding Congress, Supreme Court and all fed employees get drug tested do these worthless bills go away. F'n Feds want nothing but all our liberties. I consider them a Terrorist Org. on my Watch List. Illegal wars for corporations, arming mexicartels with fully auto guns and ammo, poisoning Gulf residents with oil and dispersant, major heroin dealing and a host of other shit too long to list while i'm getting into cycle. Shit I'll blame them for my CH's too while I'm on a rant. I feel the masses are about over all of their BS!

Once again, freedom is only for the rich. 

Only if government is made by the rich, that is why the regular folks/people should rule countries.

Or even better I like idea of United States, but problem is, only name is left in them, because even though they got own laws, they should rule themselves aswell, cities and so forth should have local govs to fit their politics and economy best for their people and so on. Problem is the line is thin to crossing autonomy and thus becoming seperate country etc.

Never had a hang over from too much pot but alcohol legally kills people everyday albeit slightly taxed.

I have to confirm this, and sadly my mother's brother is addicted (still) by alcohol, he destroyed his own family, lost all possesion to the habit, is ill (epilepsia) and still drinks and God knows where he is ever since gov took over his property and he refused to detox, he refused all help he could.

Alcohol ruins life, but is taxed so its fine :) Irony

Oh P.S

My father's both parents died of lung cancer caused by probably smoking, since they smoked ever since their 20s.

Oh wait, cigs are legal and taxed too, but yeah lets ban drugs, I mean, they are evil, make you be a looney, you cut your wrist when intoxicated, you will be addicted, you will get aids/hiv, you will become uncontrollably a terrorist while on them oh yeah did I mention you will probably try to run to nearest gun store buy a gun and start killing people off while on drugs, yeah I forgot that one.