Is anyone NOT triggered by alcohol?

scottr1966

I hear a lot of talk about alcohol being a trigger but I have not found that to be the case with me. I have been diagnosed with cluster variant and I do not, and never have, suffered multiple acute headache attacks in one day. I live with a constant "shadow" which will, at times, gradually escalate to a kip 8 or 9. Based on the kip scale, I don't think I ever had a 10. I humbly admit I don't appear to be in the same league as some of you as far as pain levels. Don't get me wrong, when I get hit hard, it's just awful and can last for hours. I have found that I can drink several beers and maybe throw in a shot of tequila and I don't get triggered. Is everyone here on the wagon when in a cycle?

Just curious  8-)

Thanks

Scotty

If in cycle - I will not touch alcohol in any way shape or form

Out of cycle - meet me at the bar!

Since I've been pain free for a little over four years using the seeds, the bar is probably where you would want to meet me.

Sandy

Alcohol kicks my ass when im in cycle, hasnt done anything to me out of cycle that I know of or started any up.  But what I DO remember about alcohol when I was in cycle is that they gave me the worst hits ive ever had in my life.  Alcohol scares me to the point that I havent drank in decades.

My husband has been chronic since the first attack in 2003.  In the beginning, alcohol was not a trigger.

He began taking Verapamil and Lithium in 2007.  It worked for 2 1/2 years and he could drink alcohol with no problem. 

In January this year, the Verapamil and Lithium stopped working and alcohol also became a trigger.

He started bustin in April and had the first drink since January last Saturday night.  No headache ;D

Lee Ann

Cant wait to get past this cycle as alcohol is a big trigger for me.  I can actually taste my first beer, it is already picked out and the glass is sitting on the bar waiting patiently.  Will find its way to the freezer when I am ready.

Cant wait to get past this cycle as alcohol is a big trigger for me.  I can actually taste my first beer, it is already picked out and the glass is sitting on the bar waiting patiently.  Will find its way to the freezer when I am ready.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of beer is it? Sorry, I am a total beer snob

Just out of curiosity, what kind of beer is it? Sorry, I am a total beer snob

• 1 month later...

HELL YES when I am in a cycle alcohol is a trigger for me!! That is how I can tell when I'm going to start a cycle. I drink one beer or glass of wine and I get my first shadows of the year. I then know the beast is going to come knocking soon. I have had my Kip 10's triggered by alcohol for the most part. I am SOOOO looking forward to busting this one so that I can take that first gulp of the season!! MMMMMM BEER!