*BUSTING INSTRUCTIONS* and info for Newcomers

Dallas Denny

Welcome to the community.....we're sorry you had the need to find us though!!!

The purpose of this thread is to consolidate some pertinent "newbie" reading material in one central location.

Please start with the warning.....

http://clusterbusters.wikidot.com/userpage:3

The O2 page:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/O2/index.html

A video presentation by our founder, Bob W:

Here's the Mushroom FAQ:

http://clusterbusters.wikidot.com/userpage:6

LSA for Cluster headache:

http://clusterbusters.wikidot.com/userpage:7

If you've decided you want to become a farmer, watch these 4 youtube videos:

Welcome Home and Good Luck!!!

(edits by FG with permission from DD_

Nice work DD!

perhaps by the power of "funguy"  we can have it moved to the top in "Important Topics" so it doesn't sink to the bottom

those vids are great, one of my favorite "movies"

AO

Nice, indeed.  I realize that the ClusterBuster links page contains a lot of information, but it's organized quite straightforwardly so it's easy to use, and it includes info about oxygen, which I think every newbie also needs.  It's kind of hidden away, to say the least: http://www.clusterbusters.com/links1.htm

(If I may, I would suggest adding a link to the CH.com oxygen page to your post, Denny.)

I think this is good  :), that it needs to be a big bold sticky, and agree with CHfather about adding the O2 link.

Something I've been meaning to suggest for quite awhile, is that a link to this and/or the ClusterBuster files needs to be the most prominent thing front and center can't miss it with a big CLICK HERE on the clusterbusters.com front page.

I see people over at ch.com simply suggesting to newcomers to go to clusterbusters.com, but when the newcomer arrives at the clusterbusters.com URL they have some real navigation challenges ahead if they want to get to this most pertinent of info. This is why I never suggest to anyone at ch.com that they simply go to clusterbusters.com.

If he doesn't stick it, we will bump it in foreverness. Never getting near the bottom of the page.

Most excellent post

the bb

This is why I never suggest to anyone at ch.com that they simply go to clusterbusters.com.

Cant have no fun can I jeebers ????

That is a good point. I had to read all that crap and search with one eye most often, and on all the dope they give me ...it should be easy for them to find this stuff quicker. Maybe just maybe I am a bit slow.. ;D ;D ;D

Pretty pretty please, Funguy ::)

This newbie, well I am 19 days old now  ;D, spent alot of time searching for information, and then trying to remember where I had found it... (except for the ForumJump to Clusterbuster files that you guys are great at mentioning! [smiley=thumbup.gif])

I actually thought you had to read through the different posts to try and gather up bits of information.

It might just be me, I am a blond, but I found you guys through CH.com and for some reason I just went straight to the message board. I missed all that wonderful information under the tabs "Clusterbuster News" and "Cluster Headache News" on the first page of clusterbuster.com, until just 3 days ago.

It might be good to have a reminder link to the wealth of information found there.  :)

Thanks for all you do!!

Yeah! I have just one more idea - what do you think about putting the topic title in CAPITAL LETTERS so it will have maximum stand out potential for the huddled CH masses  hitting the information overload zone here for the first time with one eye closed and drugged to the hilt?  :D

Oh OK, 2 ideas then - I've been to forums where they have a newcomers read first type sticky on top and it consists of the rules of conduct and crap about the forum. Does anyone actually read those?  :D So is there a way to title this topic so it immediately lets newcomers know exactly why they want to read it - like specifically saying it contains the main thing people are after, which is "busting information" or something?

I'll throw my first candidate for topic re-titling out here into the brainstorming pit:

*BUSTING INSTRUCTIONS* and info for Newcomers

Nice work Denny. A lot of people are directed straight to the board and take a bit to find all the good info here, im also blond and when I found this site I was sleep deprived and not thinking clearly (imagine that)

kudos to ya Den

BTW, the mushroom FAQ link takes you to CH.com

Dallas Denny,

WOW, how can i ever thank you enough.  This is exactly what i needed, i have been fumbling around for days and days, hour upon hour, trying to find ALL of the info that i needed and you have provided EVERYTHING right here for me.

Thank you so very much.  only a fellow cluster sufferer could possibly understand how much this means to me.  i am sooooo tired of the sleepless nights, the constant depression, the crying, the begging GOD to please make it stop, the zero social life, popping so many pills i nearly choke on them, being afraid to commit to doing anything, the never taking vacations, etc, etc, etc. i could go on and on, but i know you are very familiar with all of this or hopefully the memories of this are fading for you and many others that have been busting or are beginning to bust.

I just really want to thank you once again.  I can now gather all of my info, get with my doctor, start my detox and start BUSTING!!!!!!!!!  Best Wishes and Good Luck to all!!!!

Barbara (frustrated123)

Denny, good information, easy to find and just what i needed, had a pf day last week, almost forgot what it was like  8-), i found your post this weekend and it got me thinking, i can use this information to get pf, holding on for a change.

thanks for all you do for us

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

GREAT THREAD!!

also wanted to add that the bags are  "buy 2 get 2 free" right now on the  www.mycofactory.com website.  I also see a note there that they will be going out of business sometime shortly after the new year...... just wanted to pass it along  :) :)